4 cylinder swap to 5.0 (pilot bearing)

• Sponsors (?)

I am doing a swap from a 4 cylinder to a 5.0 and I am using the 4 cylinder motor. What pilot bearing can I use the will fit into the crank?

If you're keeping the 4-banger MOTOR, wouldn't this pretty much be a pointless swap? :shrug:

:D

I don't have the exact part number right off hand, but I recall the pilot bearing being from a mid-80's Ford Ranger turbo 4-cylinder model, last time I looked.

What vehicle is that for? And that will work with the 5.0 motor and a 4 cylinder transmission? Another question. I have an 89 mustang lx. had a 4 cylinder motor and transmission. Can I use that driveshaft? They almost line up. Its like a 1/2 in off from mounting on the rear end.

it was a diesel ranger, they never made a turbo ranger..

from like a 84 diesel ranger, somebody will prolly pop up with the part num..

i know i just told the guy at autozone the part num and they had it lol..

Oh yeah. :doh:

The diesel was my second guess. I knew it was an early Ranger for sure, but I guess I was thinking of the turbo 2.3 or something in an SVO for some reason. Oh well ... close enough. :D

What vehicle is that for? And that will work with the 5.0 motor and a 4 cylinder transmission? Another question. I have an 89 mustang lx. had a 4 cylinder motor and transmission. Can I use that driveshaft? They almost line up. Its like a 1/2 in off from mounting on the rear end.

thats the pilot bearing part number you need to use the 4cyl t5. and yes you can use the driveshaft.