4-eyes!

Mustang_Punk

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Sac, Ca
yeah yeah...I know...I'm evil, I'm horrible, I should be burned at the stake...

BUT I don't car if its sacrelige, I got a 86 GT front clip for free and I will install in onto my 90!

I just have one question, does anybody have a wiring diagram for the headlights? or maybe even a link to a conversion page (one that hasn't been razed by the Church of the Divine 4-eye)

c'mon, help a heretic out :D

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly? If i were you, i would look on eBay for the upgraded lights you can buy for the 4 eyes....they use the same style bulb as the aero cars....i'm not sure how you'd make 4 of them work, but at least then your wiring harness would be mostly stock. The lights on eBay have a plug and play option for the 4 eye cars and i want some really bad...i'm just cheap. When you've got 6 lights in the front like i have, you really don't need it any brighter.

First, are those TurboCoupe lights I see there?

Second, bust out your multimeter and you will be able to determine which wires are for high and which for low. You will have to either cut your harness or make some adapter to split your wires. Marker lights are easy to figure out. It really shouldn't be that difficult. I might suggest upgrading your lights with a couple relays and some heavier wire so you have full power for brights. Good luck!

I'd sooner see an Aero turned into a four-eye and a four-eye turned into an Aero ... but then, I'm just weird like that. :D

We'll be doing the same swap when we UN-swap the '90 Mustang nose off the front of Frankenstang's Capri when we (someday) convert it back to a four-eyed Capri. As stated, you can always just determine which two wires go to the low beams on your 9004 bumps and which ones do the high beams, splice/solder on some new connections, and just hook that up to your four-eyed front-end. You might need to rig up some extensions for the parking lamps and possibly use different bulb sockets (which can be purchased new at Autozone, Checker, or similar places), but those will be very simple two-wire connections.

I'd say the biggest challenge would be getting the side molding trim to not look weird against the rest of the car with the four-eyed nose. The Aero years' moldings are a tad different.

yeah yeah...I know...I'm evil, I'm horrible, I should be burned at the stake...

BUT I don't car if its sacrelige, I got a 86 GT front clip for free and I will install in onto my 90!

I just have one question, does anybody have a wiring diagram for the headlights? or maybe even a link to a conversion page (one that hasn't been razed by the Church of the Divine 4-eye)

c'mon, help a heretic out :D

NO!!! :eek:

Sell it to me damn yous. I need one for my '86 GT...

Oh, wait, I'm poor. Nevermind... :(

check out foureyedpride.com they are the experts at converting aero to 4 eye, but there are some seriousely hardass guru's over there that can walk you through the process step by step of converting a 4-eye to an aero nose, send foxchassis (his name on FEP) a PM he can help you out, it's more like foureyedshame.com :eek:

~Mark~

Here's a pic of a notch with the aero to four eye conversion. The stang is a late 90's model. The owner is from British Columbia Canada. The conversion came out nice, however in hearing him explain everything he went through to achieve this look, I'd say that this project is for those who are not faint of heart. lol

Either way, good luck with your planned project.

img043-1.jpg

Attachments

• img043-1.jpg
    img043-1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 85
Here's a pic of a notch with the aero to four eye conversion. The stang is a late 90's model. The owner is from British Columbia Canada. The conversion came out nice, however in hearing him explain everything he went through to achieve this look, I'd say that this project is for those who are not faint of heart. lol

Either way, good luck with your planned project.

It requires the bumper cover, radiator support, conversion of the lights, matching side trim and possibly bumper, hood, so on and so forth...

Honestly? If i were you, i would look on eBay for the upgraded lights you can buy for the 4 eyes....they use the same style bulb as the aero cars....i'm not sure how you'd make 4 of them work, but at least then your wiring harness would be mostly stock. The lights on eBay have a plug and play option for the 4 eye cars and i want some really bad...i'm just cheap. When you've got 6 lights in the front like i have, you really don't need it any brighter.

I did not know they had those on ebay? Where at? Do you have a link, I got to see this. I want them!