4" lift off extended cowl hood!

convo351pro

Jun 17, 2008
I've got a 1990 notchback with a 351w that I want to keep under the hood and the 4" extended cowl really interests me.

Does anyone know if these hoods are street legal (for cruzing around im not leaving my car anywhere un-watched)

And please can you post up any pictures you may have of foxes with this hood dont care if its 5", 5.5" 6" w/e.

Thanks

-Landon

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if they are or aren't. You have to know that running a hood like that is going to egg people on. And they are going to expect a bunch of jam from your car. I have my 351w under a 2.5 inch lift off cowl.

I got a 4 inch bolt on if it helps .
006-1.jpg

nice looking car. Oh the only thing with a extended cowl (if I'm thinking of the one you want) is if there is not enough room for the windshield wipers to move then that would be a cause to get the car DOT'd. Thats all I can think of why it might not be street legal.

Ya I know people are to to expect my car to like run 9's or 10's in the 1/4 mile. But i saw one on a stock street coupe and it looked pretty street still.

like my car runs mid 12's so not bad hey?

I had a 4 inch on my coupe when i first got it. I'm 6 foot tall and i had to constantly rubber neck over it. I wouldn't run an extended cowl on a street car, but that's just me. I wouldn't run a bolt on hood even on a racecar....i don't like being by myself and wrestling the hood on and off, and i've got primered paint. Think about chips in the paint if you have nice paint.

Well my cars paint isnt that great but its decent. and I dont really mind taking off lift off hoods I used to do it all the time with my dads race cars, It's also a lot easier to work on the engine.

Heres the only pictures I could find. like take off the spoiler and throw on convo pro rims and its my car right there.

4" extended
blueextendedcowlug8.jpg

6" extended

73006sun2520322yn8.jpg

5.5"?

gayversionfw3.jpg

I don't know about if thier legal or not but my last car had a 5 inch extended cowl hood and just last week I installed a ho fibertrend extended cowl on this car, with my last car I was pulled over by a cop and he never once said anything about the hood. Both of mine have been installed with dzus fastners instead of hood pins and I never had a problem.

I don't know about if thier legal or not but my last car had a 5 inch extended cowl hood and just last week I installed a ho fibertrend extended cowl on this car, with my last car I was pulled over by a cop and he never once said anything about the hood. Both of mine have been installed with dzus fastners instead of hood pins and I never had a problem.

Thats what I plan on doing. got any pics?

I don't have any pics of the old car, but can try and get you some of the new car but the hood isn't painted yet so it doesn't look the best. I see what I can do.