Brakes 4-lug/5-lug Brake Conversion/e-brake Diagram

cdurbin

5 Year Member
Jul 27, 2012
North Charleston, SC
I bought my 91 LX about 2 months ago and the previous owner had the 5-lug conversion done but never hooked up the E-brake. After doing some research online and getting input from you experienced fox owners I was able to get my E-brake installed and working perfectly last weekend.
During the install, I took some pictures at different points along the way. I also drew up a sketch in CAD and attached the pictures as reference. I'm hoping this will help some of the new members (like me) if they attemp to tackle this install as well.

In a nutshell you will need to do the following:
1. Modify your existing e-brake handle by cutting off the spring, welding the pawl in place on the second tooth from the end, and cutting of the top lip of the handle bracket.
2. Purchase 3 new cables. 1x - M-2810-A and 2x M-2809-A (LateModelResto for about $125)
3. you will also need the attaching hardware 2x E-clips, 2x M8 nuts, 2x 1/4" rubber insulated clamps

Attached is the diagram in JPEG and PDF format.

Hope this helps someone. Thanks
FOX BODY REAR DISC E-BRAKE CABLING DIAGRAM.jpg

Attachments

• FOX BODY REAR DISC E-BRAKE CABLING DIAGRAM.pdf
    124.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice, I used CAD a good amount in high school and Inventor in college, but haven't really touched it since then. I'm going to start drafting some parts for my friend's race motorcycle, but gauge panels are another option...

Nice, I used CAD a good amount in high school and Inventor in college, but haven't really touched it since then. I'm going to start drafting some parts for my friend's race motorcycle, but gauge panels are another option...

I use AutoCAD for 2D design and SolidWorks for my 3D stuff. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade so I use CAD pretty much everyday. It's a lot more fun when I'm designing stuff for myself though.:)

I just finished doing a a rear disc setup from SSBC 4 lug and was checking everything and found that my rear e brake cables are hanging up, so this mod to the e brake handle should do the trick, right?

I just finished doing a a rear disc setup from SSBC 4 lug and was checking everything and found that my rear e brake cables are hanging up, so this mod to the e brake handle should do the trick, right?

I am not familiar with that kit but I'd be willing to bet yes.
The self ratcheting action on the handle will cause it to drag.
Do the mods and I'd say you'll be good to go.