4 lug Big brake kits?

• Sponsors (?)

I just put Baer front brakes on my 4 lug 93. They have 13" rotors with a 2 piston caliper. They work great and look awsome. Cost $1350.00 after I got my $300.000 deposit back. I am saving up for the rear now. Another $1250.00. I boufgt them from a place called Street and Track Performance.

I just put Baer front brakes on my 4 lug 93. They have 13" rotors with a 2 piston caliper. They work great and look awsome. Cost $1350.00 after I got my $300.000 deposit back. I am saving up for the rear now. Another $1250.00. I boufgt them from a place called Street and Track Performance.

No one else makes 4 lug kits?

Nope.

All the baer kit is really is a modified Cobra 13" kit with 4-lugs. For the price of the front and rear kit you could put together a Cobra 5-lug kit AND buy yourself some decent wheels if you can live without the Baer logo on your front calipers

Nope.

All the baer kit is really is a modified Cobra 13" kit with 4-lugs. For the price of the front and rear kit you could put together a Cobra 5-lug kit AND buy yourself some decent wheels if you can live without the Baer logo on your front calipers

Who's got the best price on the Cobra brakes & crap needed for the 5 lug conversion?

anyone ever notice that the people who think they have cheap/cheaper system always reply to a thread where no one asked for a cheap brake setup?

oh yeah ...and opinions are like a$$ holes as everyone knows. but before i hear for the muptheenth time i was just making a suggestion did the original poster say or ask what is the CHEAPEST way to go?

anyone ever notice that the people who think they have cheap/cheaper system always reply to a thread where no one asked for a cheap brake setup?

He didn't exactly specify cheap or expensive. He just asked where there was for 4-lug brake kits. That could be interpreted either way

Why deny the man his options?

Loco. www.buyfordracing.com has the best price for parts that would need. You'll have to source parts like spindles and other items yourself.

Nope.

I'm positive Wildwood also makes a 4 lug disc brake system, if you need that part # I'll be happy to give it to you?

Yes Baer is expensive and why is that?
Simply because they make there kits where people don't need to chase down parts or read from 5 or 6 different sites and then still ask a million questions because they don't understand what they've read after someone has posted it. They don't need to go to eBay or wrecking yard and find parts. It a a complete kit with easy to follow instructions and nothing less.

But as a "MODERATOR" with "hopefully" an unbiased opinion it does seem that every time someone mentions brakes "you" typically seem you jump in that thread and say how bad or expensive Baer Brakes are.

As a Baer Brake owner I find the very offensive that you continually down play Baer as just a over priced Cobra kit!
Since you obviously way more knowledge of the Ford Cobra brakes than I'd care too, might I ask WHO makes those Cobra Brakes for Ford?
Obviously Ford doesn't so who are they subbing it out to?
With all of your knowledge and wisdom of both systems (obviously you've have had both systems?, and not just reading about Baer) and with you being a MOD which all of us pee ons listen to.
Why just not say I've read or heard instead of you boldly saying Baer is expensive, and that there are no other 4 lug kits available? Why not do a search ( like the rest of us) first before you tell everyone how bad the Baer kit is and that there is nothing else available?

Bottom line .. I'm guessing that I'd expect more from a MOD than just a one sided. opinion!

They will with a spacer. I beleive a 1" spacer will let them clear. However on a Fox, a 1" spacer would push the wheel WAY outside the fender.

There are 15" drag wheels specifically designed to fit the 13" brakes, but they are very expensive.

Your best best, short of buying a Wilwood or Baer brake kit is to do the '93 Cobra/turbo coupe rear disk setup and 73mm front calipers with a '93 Cobra Master cylinder and booster. It won't such your eyeballs out, but it's a decent upgrade over stock.

I beleive baer has a 12" front brake kit that uses the same calipers that is similar to the 1LE setup on the camaro. It may work with 15" wheels.

What's your price range?