4 lug bullit wheels?

I got SVO rotors ($100.00), ranger/aerostar axles ($100.00), new rear drums, gear oil/friction modifier and brake pads/shoes (~$100.00)..

It CAN be done for around $300.00..and a couple of hours work.
For the driving I do..these brakes are fine. But, my car only comes out of the garage for less than 1000 miles per year!!

Hey smockdoiley :nice: you are right..

Jim

• Sponsors (?)

that is correct if you dont mind running spacers. A lot of people say they dont like running them, but nobody on here has horror stories about their car exploding from having them. I think people just dont like the IDEA of having them. But for some who cant afford to do the whole SN95 conversion, its a good idea. How did yours not fit? Explain what didnt work please.

SmockDoiley said:
How many times do I need to tell you people that you can use mustang/lincoln rotors with the newer style rims. It works fine, and I did it on my car with spacers. In fact its even better because it widens the track and moves the tire away from the inner fenderwell and sway bar where it usually rubs. Just dont go larger than a 235 or 245. I used longer studs and 14/16th spacers from summit for like 40 bucks.

First off the stock fox 79-93 spindles do NOT work with the newer wheels requiring the Sn95 spindles. That is a fact. The reason being is the length of the spindle. Second fact. Third fact, you will not stick a wide wheel and tire on the front of a fox without rubbing issues and spacers just make the problem worst.

So you say spacers are a good idea? How so? You widen your track. That is a bad thing for handling. So you car now handles worst than before. You also magnify the loads on EVERY suspension component on the front end including the bearings and wheel studs. Wow great idea to increase your chances of parts failure!

Lastly pushing the wheels out may be great for clearance on the inner fender, but not the outer fender. And the outer fender is the one that will shred a tire instantly.

Wow, spacers really sound like they are not the solution, but a problem.

And for the record, the lincoln rotors (ie $300) conversion will not bolt on with the bullit wheels. End of story, there is nothing to debate there. Again the problem is the spindle. And like mentioned, you cannot make a 4 lug 5 spoke bullit rim. If you want a 4 spoke "bullit" style rim, you can have that in 4 lug.

You people dont know how to spend wisely then. Yes it is preferred to have discs in the rear, but some people cant afford it. Just for looks like he is looking for, it can be done for $300. Go to the yard and get some ranger axles and drums and the rearend part is done. As for the front, get some Lincoln 5-lug rotors, there are lots on Ebay with drilled or slotted for $99. You dont even need to change your calipers if you dont want to, but this keeps your standard brake power. Yes the lincoln rotors will work, but you need spacers. Shut up with this BS of spacers not being safe!!! They are allowed by autocross and NHRA so they must be safe. All you need is a 7/8 spacer and moroso longer studs and your done. If you "informed" people dont believe me then check out my mustang on cardomain since its sporting 99 cobras on lincoln rotors with spacers. It has over 1000 miles with the combo and I have no issues. It does not stick out of the fender and it actually eliminated tire rub on the inner fenderwell because it moved the tire away from the inside which also gives a wider track.

I dont hate to tell you this Matt, but you are wrong wrong wrong. Since when has increased track width hurt handling?? You ever see how much Pontiac brags about the increased track width for better handling or are their engineers stupid?? Besides, we arent talking 2 or 3 inches like some ghetto car with 13s; its 7/8ths of an inch. If you dont believe it fits in the front fenderwell perfectly then why dont you come over to my house and Ill show you. Look at my pics, and I have more. I dont care what you say, it works, and it works fine. I have no alignment issues, no steering issues, no rubbing at all, the tires dont stick out, and thats the end of the story. I'm not saying its a better swap than using the newer spindles, but some people dont have that option or the money. Stop being so ignorant and accept that it works. I know friends that use spacers on 10 second cars, and I see multiple sites like maximum motorsports and steeda that sell spacers.