4 Lug to 5 Lug Suggestions/Opinions

twotire84

Jan 16, 2008
Alright guys, been thinking about making some changes to my Fox LX. Been fooling around with the idea of a 5 lug conversion to install factory 2005 GT wheels. I always like the style and thought it might dress up my car. I have been pricing parts and doing some research and is looks like parts, wheels, and tires is going to run around 1200-1500 if I do it myself and use used parts. Another option ebay has is bolt-on conversion adapters that’s “guaranteed to work”….Looks shady and cheap…. Doubt it would even work. What do you think? Am I wasting my time, will it work, will the wheel fit, am I an idoit????

• Sponsors (?)

DOn't use the adapters.

If you look harder, you can find the parts for cheaper. I did my entire Cobra Sn95 brake conversion for $700.

With the 05+ wheels, you are gonna want to run 96+ spindles and the Sn95 axles out back

I back what 5L5 said, because I have tried these wheels out before.

Run 96-04 front spindles and pick the brakes of your choice. 94-98 calipers or 99-04 calipers. They will get the wheels out the correct amount so the wheels and tires won't hit the strut.

Run SN95 axles in the Fox housing, or the whole SN95 rear end. If you use the whole rear end, consider cost of buying an adjustable proportioning valve, new rotors, pads, lines, brake fluid etc....

But this will work.