4 lug to 5 lug

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

SS
The page/site you put up is just full of Crap. about a bunch of stuff that may or may not make the swap, I'm not into reading a novel about a prodject. It looks like I have to buy a Cobra/Mark V11, and a ranger to get what I want. No thanks

Ron

You didnt say how you wanted to do the swap in your post, budget and ect. And there is plenty... almost too much info on this swap; and the site he gave you is a great starting point. All you really have do is use the search feature, I'm doing the swap and searching is all that I needed so far.

Six
Don't get sarcastic with me little boy, If you don't know the answer just don't reply to the question. Putting up a site with a bunch of time consuming information and most of it not related, is not the way.

I did find some of what I was looking for and maybe I should have been more specific, but when you don't know what you need it's hard to be specific. So I asked the question, What does it take to go from 4 to 5 lug? It seems there are hundreds of options.

What I found that I think I will go with is

1. For the front, the best is the Sn95 parts with the '94-95 spindles to keep the stock track width.

2. If you want to run all 4 of the same wheels with 9" wide rims, then you are going to want to keep the stock rear track width. You can do this with the Ranger axles basically. You have options from there with the Ranger axles.

Ron

Listen dude im no little boy.....I was trying to help you..I got that from the site when people ask about swaps....You got the idea.....94-95 fron spindles with the calipers and you gotta replace your balljoints out for a 94-95 . The rear you need ranger axles i believe you need passanger side axles but not to sure.....use ranger drums.....unless u are converting to rear disk...

Six
Don't get sarcastic with me little boy, If you don't know the answer just don't reply to the question. Putting up a site with a bunch of time consuming information and most of it not related, is not the way.

oh9mustang, calling another member of the site "little boy" is not acceptable here on stangnet.

You made a very vague post and failed to mention any details on your car and what you hoped to achieve with the 5-lug conversion - bigger brakes, running certain wheels, etc.

There is a TON of information on this swap. It's covered on pretty much a daily basis. You could do a simple search and find out everything you need.

To flame a member for posting a link for you is downright rude. He was trying to help you. If you want specific details, post up more info. Do you want to run bigger brakes? What offset wheels you want to run etc etc.

A little courtesy goes a long way here. Flaming other members, especially ones trying to help you out, is not looked on kindly around here.

Suit yourself. You aren't going to get much help with an attitude like that

EDIT: to anyone reading this thread, i locked it down because of the "little boy" comments. I have ZERO tolerance for any flaming towards any members here in 5.0 tech. The rules in 5.0 talk are a little more relaxed, but here in tech, i don't tolerate posting like this. No member should be called a "little boy" for trying to help someone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.