4 lug vs 5 lug 2003 Cobra replica wheel fitment on a fox

dz187

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
So my tires are pretty much done for and I don't want to buy another narrow set of 225s for my 1990. This time around I've decided that I might as well convert to 5-lug and get some 03 Cobra wheels to go along with the tires! Currently, I can't afford to buy the wheels/tires and the '95 spindle 5-lug swap, so it looks like I'm going to have to go with the Lincoln Mark VII rotor setup.

From what I've read, some people say that these wheels will bolt right on, others say you have to pound in the dust cap, and another group says you have to run a spacer to clear the snout on the rotor. I'm curious as to why the 5-lug version has so many problems with the snout & dust cap, yet people seem to bolt on the 4-lug version seemingly without issue. Look at all the pics here Chrome 2003 Style Cobra Wheel - 4 Lug 87-93 (17x9) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

If you have a set of 5-lug or 4-lug Cobra replicas could you measure the diameter of the center bore? I wonder if they are different. Also, post what you had to do to make them fit (if anything).

Here are the wheels I'm looking at. 9in for the front and 10.5in for the rear. Unfortunately, they don't make the deep dish style for 4-lug.
03ddrevisedwheel_lg.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I did not want to make a new thread so I decided to bring back this old thread and ask my question here.

I am wondering if I will face any problems with fitting 2003 cobra wheels on my 88 GT with front 84-86 SVO rotors? I havent found a direct answer to this kind of question.

Will my center caps fit? or I am going have to get spacers (which I really dont want to).