4 lug wheel spacers? Just want my front welds to stick out a bit more....

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
Just like the title says, my front wheels are sunk into the wheel wells a bit more than i'd like, was wondering if anyone can recommend 4 lug spacers that would give me more offset so they're more flush with the fenders?

• Sponsors (?)

Um, apparently nobody else is noticed this, so I might as well throw it out there... You can do as you like, it is your car, but using a spacer will change the offset of your wheels, which is never a good idea. Your entire suspension is designed around a certain track width (middle of one wheel to the middle of the other), while I could go in depth as to what changing the offset will effect, I think I'll just say it doesn't make your car do good things...especially on the front...

Just my 2 cents...

KB

Um, apparently nobody else is noticed this, so I might as well throw it out there... You can do as you like, it is your car, but using a spacer will change the offset of your wheels, which is never a good idea. Your entire suspension is designed around a certain track width (middle of one wheel to the middle of the other), while I could go in depth as to what changing the offset will effect, I think I'll just say it doesn't make your car do good things...especially on the front...

Just my 2 cents...

KB

Ok i can follow what you're saying, but how do people get away with buying different offset rims in the first place? How is using a spacer any different than if i had ordered my Welds with more offset in the front? (aside from any possible safety issues with spacers).

Oh, and f4fntm, thanks :nice: (actually now that i think of it, where did you see pics of my car with Ponys? I don't have any online anywhere? Are you stalking me? :D ) ((ok from the video...duh lol))

Um, apparently nobody else is noticed this, so I might as well throw it out there...
Well, apparently you didn't notice this, so I might as well point it out to you. . .

You can do as you like, it is your car, but using a spacer will change the offset of your wheels, which is never a good idea. Your entire suspension is designed around a certain track width (middle of one wheel to the middle of the other), while I could go in depth as to what changing the offset will effect, I think I'll just say it doesn't make your car do good things...especially on the front...

He's running skinnies up front, so I'm sure changing the track width is not a big issue to him. When running such a small tire up front, you can pretty much throw good handling out the window, so any disadvantage of the added offset is the least of his worries.

I will say to the original poster that you need to be sure that you use the shanked lug nut that are required for use with the Welds and also be sure that your studs are long enough to engage the proper amount of threads.

Just like the title says, my front wheels are sunk into the wheel wells a bit more than i'd like, was wondering if anyone can recommend 4 lug spacers that would give me more offset so they're more flush with the fenders?
I have to use spacers with my skinnies in order to clear my 13" Baer brakes.

I use a 5/16" spacer and my fronts are 15x3.5 with a 1.75" backspacing.

welds-02.jpg

You're correct, I didn't realize he was no longer running the factory wheels. The reasoning behind wheel offset/backspacing is to keep the center of the wheel when looking at it from the front in the same position as the factory wheels. The suspension was designed around the track width provided from the factory, so with aftermarket wheels, the width/style doesn't matter, as long as the track width is the same as factory.

Of course this is only to ensure original specifications from the factory are kept. If you've allready butchered the suspension, you might as well make it the way you want it, as long as the car is still safe...