4 lug wheel spacers?

I have 15x8" Draglites on the back of my notch with a 5.5BS. Im gonna get some 275/60/15 MT ET Drag RAdials and its gonna be freakin tight! I just wanted to know if anyone sells those slide on spacers, the bolt pattern on a stang is a 4x41/4 right? I need something in the 1/4"-3/8" range. Lemme know if these are available anywhere, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Wheel spacers are gay? That would be strange.

I'm thinking about getting some for my front tires. I just bought new rims from a guy that said he had it on his 92 mustang. I didn't think to ask about Backspacing or anything like that b/c if he had them on his stuff then it should fit on mine.

Right?

Wrong!

The center caps pop off the front b/c the rotor cap (whatever that thing is called) and the wheels rub the A-arms when I max the turn left or right. If I move them out a 1/4 inch then all would be good but I'm afraid it might look retarded. I guess it would be any more retarded than driving around without center caps on the front tire.

I might buy that set from MM b/c of MM reputation.

If you get a quality wheel spacer (forged or billet hubcentric design) with its own studs, they should be perfectly safe to use. The key is to make sure it has its own set of studs in it and that you don't use long studs that come all the way to the wheel because they'll flex to the point of breakage.

If you get a quality wheel spacer (forged or billet hubcentric design) with its own studs, they should be perfectly safe to use. The key is to make sure it has its own set of studs in it and that you don't use long studs that come all the way to the wheel because they'll flex to the point of breakage.

I can't find the hubcentric spacers for 4-lug. I've been reading about spacers and have seen some mentions of hardened studs but I'm wondering if that is even an option on the front tires. Aren't the studs built into the rotor?

I did find this but I'm very hesitant to buying these kind of things off Ebay

I wouldn't.

6061 is pretty strong, and you could always change the lugs, but who knows how tight the hub part is. If it's loose at all it's a disaster waiting to happen.

I know maximum motorsports are expensive, but they are the best. Gotta remember this is the wheel of your car we are talking about. If a cheap part fails, your wheel falls off and you can die. :eek:

If you run spacer, H&R + hardened studs is all i will recommend.

Yes, but they can be hammered out and new studs added.

Not sure they even make 4-lug hub-centric spacers.

Do I hammer the studs out and install the new ones or is that something that a shop must do?

Mustang5L5 said:
I know maximum motorsports are expensive, but they are the best. Gotta remember this is the wheel of your car we are talking about. If a cheap part fails, your wheel falls off and you can die.

I'm not too keen on the dying part...The good news is that if I die while wearing my seat belt then my wife gets a bonus on my life insurance policy.
I saw the 4 lug spacers offered by MM and I don't think $50 is bad at all. Is there a specific place to buy the hardened studs?

Hey man, depends on where you live as to someone who sells the spacers, you can Go online to TJmotorsports.com and get them for 20.95 for both, ive been running my wheel spacers (3/8) with draglites on my car for 6 months or so with et streets and havent had a prob, just make sure your lugs are snug.