4" of water in headlight.

• Sponsors (?)

how the hell does a fish get into a headlight?

I was contemplating buying some gold fish for mine. Except they would of froze solid tonight.

I have to believe someone stuck it in there....i dunno, nature finds a way ya know? I could see little bugs getting in the water for the fish to eat that kept him alive for a while, and it was summer time so there wasn't a threat of freezing him. It was a laugh riot though, neither of us could believe it.

Strangely, I had water in both my 79 and 82 sealed beam units last November. I had a funny movement in the lights in my 82, and looked, and it was sloshing around. Checked the 79, and it had the same problem in 2 of 4 lamps.

Lights worked fine. I bought new lamps for the 79.

Mine did not have any fish.

That's funny, after I pulled mine out of the car I thought about using it as a fish bowl. I am going to silicon the hell of out of the next set I get. The picture below has about one inch of water in it.

normal_m_93_01-21-2006_ds-headlight-water.jpg

I have been through two sets of ford headlights.

I got pulled over last night because the water came back and broke the bulb again.

well I pulled it out again today to seal it up and I broke the heat shield that sits above the bulb.

will it melt the housing?

Mine are FORD as well and they started filling up with water as soon as it rained. I did the RTV trick but it only lasted a season or 2. I am going to get ultra clears and see if they are sealed better. I havent seen this issue in them but as a precaution I wil drill a few small holes at the bottom to allow the condensation to escape.

Allen

If you drill holes in them you're doing nothing execpt letting more moisture in and the aftermarket lights are even worse than the factory Ford ones. Just take it back out and reseal it with better silicone.

They have holes on the underside from the factory. They are to drain mositure and condensation. They are not in repo headlights, just the Ford headlights.

I dried mine out, siliconed the crap out of them, still got water.

I bought new ones, haven't had any water since. It's been 2 years.

Neither my Ford replacement headlights on my 93 vert, nor my 20,000-mile stock 93 Saleen with the original lights have any holes in the headlight housings. Drilling holes will only encourage condensation, due to the introduction of humid outside air. The headlight should be sealed and the heat from the bulb will keep it dry.