4 Speed AOD???

foxmustangman

Jun 20, 2007
Idaho
so i was driving down the road on Saturday when suddenly my pedal lost its tension "thats weird" i thought but it was still driveable. then suddenly my car started accelerating and there was nothing i could do about it except for shut it off and cruise down the road until i could pull into albertsons. i waited a few minutes and started it back up and the engine was normal but the pedal was still limp.

i fixed the tension issue, but now instead of shifting into 4th gear, my tranny decides to just go into neutral. all i can do is drive around in third gear.

does anyone know what the problem could be?

• Sponsors (?)

so i was driving down the road on Saturday when suddenly my pedal lost its tension "thats weird" i thought but it was still driveable. then suddenly my car started accelerating and there was nothing i could do about it except for shut it off and cruise down the road until i could pull into albertsons. i waited a few minutes and started it back up and the engine was normal but the pedal was still limp.

i fixed the tension issue, but now instead of shifting into 4th gear, my tranny decides to just go into neutral. all i can do is drive around in third gear.

does anyone know what the problem could be?

The TV cable has fallen off the throttle body arm. Pop your hood and take a peek right where the throttle cable is. You'll see another cable probably just hanging there. This is the TV cable which goes to the trans.

The plastic clip that holds it on the throttle body arm is cheap and breaks. Ford has a metal one that replaces it now, but who knows if they still carry it.

When mine went, i fixed it by purchasing some rubber grommets. I found one that would fit inside the hole on the throttle arm and that the small "peg" on the TV cable would fit through. I pressed it into the grommet and then used a cotter pin to secure it in place with a little snugging with needle nose pliers. It lasted 3 years like that

The metal replacement bushing is available from 50 resto.

LRS-7303A.jpg

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-7303A%20%20%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

Ford had a Technical Service Bulletin/Recall on this issue years ago. Serious transmission damage can result if the plastic bushing breaks and your cable starts flopping around.

I took it to the transmission shop today and they said it had something to do with the 4th gear piston or something. IDK maybe i should've payed more attention to what he said. But basically its fixable and thats all that matters right now.