4 speed borg warner Owners My Horror story inside

Doc Voodoo

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
Conn
Ok the story goes I replaced my clutch set with one from NPD. I got the HIPO set with clutch plate , throwout bearing and pressure plate from RAM as a package.

When we tried to assemble it My father said the bearing was way to sloppy. So I went online and asked around I got so many diffrent answers that it confused me as to what sloppy realy is and weather it was supposed to fit like that.

So I went down to the local NAPA store here in town. I asked for a throw out bearing for a 1966 V8 four speed. They only listed it for ethier a 6 cylinder or 8 cylinder. Well I ordered the 8 . When I got the part it matched what NPD sent me .

Well thinking 2 parts places can't be wrong we put it in. Well it made an awful racket when I tried to drive that car with the clutch pushed in.

When I went back to look into it once again even further I called NPD back. After about 30 min of explaining there has to be another size for borg warner 4 speeds The nice gentleman at NPD found a listing for 65 - 73 8cyl with a 1 1/16 input shaft. Its also supposed to work for the 1966 6 cylinder. BINGO we found it.
:bang:
NOW I just have to tear the damn transmission back out again.
Thought I would share this with everyone so it doesn't happen to you.

• Sponsors (?)