40 coats of flexible build primer and 5 coats of semi-gloss later...

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
My ugly rough, (did I mention ugly?) 1/4 window moldings are like new again. Took me all weekend almost to detail the door window frames, mirrors, door trim, and of course the 1/4 windows... makes a HUGE difference. pics coming soon!

I tried to sand them down but they would be REAL thin before they'd become smooth. The flexible build primer works good. Lots of sanding and **** though, not very fun! :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

My ugly rough, (did I mention ugly?) 1/4 window moldings are like new again. Took me all weekend almost to detail the door window frames, mirrors, door trim, and of course the 1/4 windows... makes a HUGE difference. pics coming soon!

I tried to sand them down but they would be REAL thin before they'd become smooth. The flexible build primer works good. Lots of sanding and **** though, not very fun! :nonono:

Subscribing… waiting for pics… and prob procedures on how to do this because my 1/4 window moldings are real hurt.

My trim is really my next project as well and I was wondering is it more cost efficent to repaint the quarter window trim or to buy new. I already bought the trim paint now its just the primer and the work but 40 coats of primer WOW !!! Did you sand them smooth between each coat the the five coats of paint or just laid down the primer 40 times and no sanding ??? Trim new for the windows is Really expensive soo paint might be the way to go !

I dont mean to hi jack just sharing my pics hopefully I wont get flamed for this...LOL A buddy of mine did mine for me I think they turned out great

later

3-20-2007-279-1.jpg

3-20-2007-275.jpg

3-20-2007-279.jpg

3-20-2007-281.jpg

3-20-2007-268.jpg

3-20-2007-266.jpg

I need to do this as well. I've been thinking about it, why not use some of the flexible body fillers (for bumper covers & stuff) instead of all that primer? You'd need a few coats of primer over the filler but nowhere near that many. Plus I would think there would be less of a chance for shrinkage over time. Any thoughts?