400-425rwhp feasable?

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
Im getting my shortblock redone (yes agian). This time I am building it for boost. I have never had any problems with the shortblock itself. It will be built with ARP bolts all around, and probe low compression forged pistons (8.9 with 58cc heads) lower with 64cc heads (which i plan on getting)... Ill the bottom end handle it? It will be forcefed via a s trim.

• Sponsors (?)

Assuming:
1. A well-balanced assembly to reduce vibrations/harmonics
2. You don't get too aggressive with your cylinder bore
3. It is designed for relatively low RPM duty
4. A great breathing head-intake system so that you can reduce the need for excessive blower PSI
5. You can effectively control engine heat through conservative tuning and an upgraded cooling system
6. Thick-decked heads and engine girdles help reduce block expansion and flex that often create blown head gaskets and/or engine failure

If you go onto some of the turbo Mustang and speed shop sites, there are a number of TC/SC 'stangs with stock blocked 306's running in excess of 600 rwhp. In addition, several NMRA Pure Street cars are running 400+RWHP naturally aspirated. So, 450RWHP is a realistic number for a street/strip blown combo.