400+ mile road trip... Have a few questions.

As much as I want to take the Fox on this trip, I am hoping that the mach 1 will be out of the shop before then, because the gas mileage will be better, & parking my fox out in the open at a hotel for 3 nights scares me...

i told you that you are welcome to lock them up at the shop at night, no biggie to me to give you guys a ride to wherever you're staying, there is a nice reasonably priced motel right near the freeway that is about 4 min away from my shop

• Sponsors (?)

i told you that you are welcome to lock them up at the shop at night, no biggie to me to give you guys a ride to wherever you're staying, there is a nice reasonably priced motel right near the freeway that is about 4 min away from my shop

I will be down for that, but 1 major problem is my lady & I plan on going out a checking out Venice beach & a few other sites that saturday, but there is NO WAY I will park the car out in LA for extended periods of time unnattended... Ahhhh, the joys of owning a fox in California...:nice:

If the Mach is done in time, that is what I will be taking & I will have no worries if I have that down there...

I will be down for that, but 1 major problem is my lady & I plan on going out a checking out Venice beach & a few other sites that saturday, but there is NO WAY I will park the car out in LA for extended periods of time unnattended... Ahhhh, the joys of owning a fox in California...:nice:

If the Mach is done in time, that is what I will be taking & I will have no worries if I have that down there...

there is a place that my lady likes called hinanos right by the venice walk, but here in LA the stolen fox problem isnt anywhere near as bad as it is in SAC, but im sure we will work something out

there is a place that my lady likes called hinanos right by the venice walk, but here in LA the stolen fox problem isnt anywhere near as bad as it is in SAC, but im sure we will work something out

We might have to check that place out...

Yeah, the stolen Fox problem out here in Sac & in the near by Bay area is out of hand. I can almost guarantee you that if my car was parked outside in my driveway for a week, it would probably not be here anymore, & I live in a decent neighborhood...

We might have to check that place out...

Yeah, the stolen Fox problem out here in Sac & in the near by Bay area is out of hand. I can almost guarantee you that if my car was parked outside in my driveway for a week, it would probably not be here anymore, & I live in a decent neighborhood...

i know, i bought my car from SAC area and there was a stolen report oon its carfax butmany people in our local club DD their foxes every day and never had a problem, cars around here that get snagged are integras, we got a ricer issue round here

So I just got back from my road trip this evening. I drove the car down to the Fabolous Fords Forever show at Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, California which is in the L.A. area. The drive was roughly 400 miles from my house to the hotel I was staying at. The car performed flawlessly & knocked down a best of 24.9 mpg cruising between 65-75 mph, & the average gas mileage was roughly 22 mpg. I was pretty surprised with the results & will never hesitate to take my fox on another long road trip.

So I just got back from my road trip this evening. I drove the car down to the Fabolous Fords Forever show at Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, California which is in the L.A. area. The drive was roughly 400 miles from my house to the hotel I was staying at. The car performed flawlessly & knocked down a best of 24.9 mpg cruising between 65-75 mph, & the average gas mileage was roughly 22 mpg. I was pretty surprised with the results & will never hesitate to take my fox on another long road trip.

Nice dude, my car averaged 27mpg :nice:

i dont want to know what i averaged between vegas and knotts lol. then again on the way home we averaged cruising at around 80ish with a few sprints here and there. i was really surprised on how well the car behaved on the round trip. until the trans let go 2 hours after getting back home lol. I cant wait to bring it back out to cali again though.

Man, that is awesome. Just goes to show that these Foxes aren't completely obsolete! :nice:

Has your car had a tune, or did you just bolt on that HCI and go?

Nice dude, my car averaged 27mpg :nice:

D@mn Guy, 27mpg is pretty good, I don't think I have ever gotten that out of my fox...

i dont want to know what i averaged between vegas and knotts lol. then again on the way home we averaged cruising at around 80ish with a few sprints here and there. i was really surprised on how well the car behaved on the round trip. until the trans let go 2 hours after getting back home lol. I cant wait to bring it back out to cali again though.

I tried to keep the cruising speed around 70-75 for the most part, plus I got to coast down the mountain in Neutral for a while so that definitely helped out the gas mileage... That sucks about the trans, what happened?

Man, that is awesome. Just goes to show that these Foxes aren't completely obsolete! :nice:

Has your car had a tune, or did you just bolt on that HCI and go?

Thanks... The car has never had a tune, just dropped the HCI motor in, set the timing & fuel pressure, thats it....

it just locked up. it was whining for a little while so i knew eventually it was going to need a rebuild. took off from a light making a left hand turn, went to grab for second and it was fine. but wouldnt come out when i tried for 3rd. car on or off, it wont budge from 2nd gear. so im thinking maybe a shift fork broke and got lodged. hopefully picking up a world class t-5 in a week or two from a buddy of mine.

on the way down to the LA area we cruised at about 75-80. saw 2 accidents from traffic going back to california on the way home and there were quite a few CHP officers along the freeway until victorville.

Guy, that is insane lol.

it just locked up. it was whining for a little while so i knew eventually it was going to need a rebuild. took off from a light making a left hand turn, went to grab for second and it was fine. but wouldnt come out when i tried for 3rd. car on or off, it wont budge from 2nd gear. so im thinking maybe a shift fork broke and got lodged. hopefully picking up a world class t-5 in a week or two from a buddy of mine.

on the way down to the LA area we cruised at about 75-80. saw 2 accidents from traffic going back to california on the way home and there were quite a few CHP officers along the freeway until victorville.

Guy, that is insane lol.

yeah i was shocked as well, sure as hell wont be that mileage when the 347 is completely finished