400 rwhp??

lx5.0maine

Banned
Nov 18, 2010
whats a good combo to make 400 rwhp in my 93 lx 5.0 let me know what you all think would be a good combo to make this happen, money isnt a issue thanks for the help maybe a 347 stroker with nice aluminum heads an a good intake cam an tb, would this make it??

• Sponsors (?)

347 with either cnc wedges or afr 185's, edelbrock victor jr efi intake, 75mm tb, 30 lb injectors, custom cam, DBX or PMAS meter (largest possible)
That should do it pretty easily.

so should i just buy a aftermarket block an build that up an just run mine for now, im ganna use this car a a driver its not ganna just sit around an look pretty, will this car be streetable an reliable?? thanks any input would be great

oh yeah an im ganna have around 15k range to spend on drivetrain, that be enough?????????? what all do i need for tranny an rear end to hold the 450hp range?? will stock hold 450 hp??

oh yeah an im ganna have around 15k range to spend on drivetrain, that be enough?????????? what all do i need for tranny an rear end to hold the 450hp range?? will stock hold 450 hp??

The aftermarket block depends on your long term goals.
If you truly think 425rwhp (that's what the parts i suggested typically yield when done right) is enough for life, then no you don't need an aftermarket block.

But if you think you are going to maybe want more with a supercharger or turbo, get a dart or boss blocked shortblock.

Trans, you really have no choice if you want a stick, tremec tko 600. Couple other t5 based options out there, but i haven't seen anything good for longevity out of them.

For a rear, you'll want 31 spline axles, new ford racing gears, and a good traction lock. Probably be best to use the 31 spline unit from an 03 cobra.

Streetable and reliable has as much to do with the parts as the guy who puts it together, you could have 20k in parts but if the mechanic does a half assed job you are still screwed.

When you get the custom cam tell the guy who orders it what you intend to do and what's important to you.

The aftermarket block changes the price drastically, right off the bat you are up 2 grand. Figure $5k just for the shortblock itself. Then about 2 into the heads and another 2 grand or so for the rest (injectors, meter, intake, tb)
Without the race block subtract 2000.
$9,000 with aftermarket block
$7,000 without

Trans is going to run you 3k to setup by the time you get all the parts needed.
$3,000

Rear should cost about 1000, but i suggest you do rear discs when building the thing complete, add about $500-$800 for that to the budget.
$1500

Now none of this is with installation labor.
I'd be surprised if you could find someone to do all the labor for less than $3000.

Pricing is obviously estimates but you should be in the ball park.