400$ to spend...

MustangGlx

Apr 2, 2003
Connecticut
Today at school i got the automotive technology award, came qith a 400$ check, what should i spend it on? the fallowing is my set up:
1969 ford mustang 302
ported and polished Hi-Po 289 heads
Comp cams Magnum cam
Edelbrock performer intake manifold
holley 650cfm double pumper
msd 6a ignition w/blaster II coil
hedman torq-step long tube hedders
shelby style side exit exhaust w/glass packs
hurst compition plus 4 speed shifter
borg warner t-10
Locker rear end with 3.89 gears
centerforce II clutch and preasure plate.

A few people have said that my intake manifold is out of place, that a btter one would make a big difference, anybody have any imput? if i do get an intake manifold theres still like another 250$ to spend, if not what would be good for 400? i was also thinking maybe some suspension work, but i really dont know whats available, and whats good, where i should start, how much i could get for 400, anyway, let me know please. thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

hey thanks, 200 for gas should last a few weeks haha, but it sounds like a plan, anyone know where i could get an Xcelerator for cheep or should i just watch ebay a little, or go right for the new one, i know i have 400$, but that doesnt mean i cant still be cheap haha

get some cal-tracs so you can put the power to the ground. Around $370 and they really work..

I think an intake swap would only yield marginal gains due to your mild cam, you'll probably get a slight increase over 4500-5000 rpm. Don't expect an miracles from it.

Caltracs are a good idea as well if you got the cash. You could also put some subframe connectors and an export brace on your car with that intake manifold to stiffen it up and help plant some more power to the ground along with change the feel of the car all around.

ive got traction bars i see i didnt list them in my previous post, i get pretty good traction, as of now, but im also getting wider wheels for graduation, which is cool. so ill have plenty of traction i think.