$4000 to put into car. what to do?!?!

jmd2914

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2002
Napa, California
so i sold my other car and im gonna put the cash into my mustang. what im looking for is a car that will flat out handle like its on rails. but that i can still drive on the street with relitave ease cuz now its my only car. anyway what im asking is i got $4000 to put into this. im looking to finish off my suspension/chasis bracing and probably brakes and if there is any money left over do some engine work cuz its starting to feel sluggish. so give me some ideas people! im open to pretty much everything. except for buyin another car cuz i wanna put the cash into my stang.
thanks in advance

Joel

• Sponsors (?)

From the few people I've talked to, Griggs is a little too extreme for the street, go with Maximum Motorsports Road & Track Box which is more than you need to accomplish your goals.....stangsuspension.com carries their product plus free shipping

You have alot of the suspension components already, i'd do better shocks than kyb's and use a panhard bar, for the most part that should make your car handle pretty damn good.
Then i'd put the rest of the money into the engine which should be 3K.

I'd fix the exhaust too, although i have trouble believing anyone with a real saleen is using dumps. Which should be punishable by law.

You have alot of the suspension components already, i'd do better shocks than kyb's and use a panhard bar, for the most part that should make your car handle pretty damn good.
Then i'd put the rest of the money into the engine which should be 3K.

I'd fix the exhaust too, although i have trouble believing anyone with a real saleen is using dumps. Which should be punishable by law.

:Word:

To not run uppers you need a PHB and a torque arm, which also means you may need different spring rates.

Nice setup, but by the time it's done you have now just spent alot more money.