4000$ What to buy??

jstang209

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
Stockton 209
Im starting to "establish my credit" so im getting a 4000 dollar loan from the bank, so im making a list of goodies for the stang.. so i would like to hear some ideas of what i should buy. i already have whats in the sig.. flow's bbk o/r H pipe, bbk shorties .. O and i really dont want to spend the whole 4000 ok lol.. mabey 2500 or so.. Here what i got so far..

1. 3.73's -400 installed(valley differential)
2. Polished typhoon upper and lower- 379+shipping(blueovalindustries.com)
3. 65mm TB-179.99(sacramentomustang.com)
4. Upgrade fuel pump.. dont no wat to get yet.
5. Edelbrock performer heads/or afr 165's??? wit 1.6 rockers??
6. Havent figured out what cam.. due to speed density
7. Maybe a blower
8. Limo tint all around- $150
9. Cobra R SVO Hood-$260+shipping
10. Cobra Wing- 275ish
11. New Paint job- 500 (dads paying the rest)
12. Smoked headlights 200$
13. Set of Spintechs prostreets 200$
Im kinda in a rush right now thats all i can think of.. So give me some ideas!!

• Sponsors (?)

hrmm, you don't need the tb really, only reason i threw mine on was because i got it for $55 shipped. About the cam, you mentioned speed density it might be best to switch from speed density to MAF. I'd go with H/C/I & Gears, i put 3.73 on my 95 gt 5 spd and i love them. One thing concerns me, since your taking out a loan for performance parts what happens if the engine goes? If you get something like a blower, make sure you get it tuned properly, because if your burrowing money for performance upgraded and something goes wrong :shrug: just be careful :).

Did you do a 4 cyl. to V8 swap in your car? Just curious cause it says it is an 89 LX in your sig and if it came factory with the V8 it should have mass air. Is it an older (87-88) engine. Anyways, if I were you I would do a maf conversion if so and a h/c/i. That should keep you well within your $2500. If your dad is paying everything over $500 on your paint job I would definately take advantage of that and have that done also. Have fun!