403.5 hp n/a !!!

spyder7724

May 8, 2007
I just wasted 5-10 minutes of my life on that worthless thread and couldn't even post so I figured I'd start another one with some decent info.
I did port my stock plastic intake. basically what i did was port match the cmcv deletes to the runners and cleaned up the misalignments where the sections of runners are joined. I also relieved the air entry a bit since the #1 and #2 runners extend into the entry blocking the airflow to the rest of the ports.
after some runs at the track I can say just doing an hours worth of work gained me about a full tenth maybe more and right at 2 mph. The first time out with the ported intake and deletes i ran the fastest mph ever in much worse air than my best.
previous best= 110.4 in -800ft DA @45 degrees F (e.t. was 12.29)
with ported intake=110.9 in 1800ft. DA@65-70degrees F(e.t. was 12.46)
My point is that these engines don't need much more than the stock intake can give so unless you just want to have a long list of mods and spend lots of money you can get good results from installing the deletes and just matching the ports so the air transitions smoothly.
if we had 320+ cid or could run our engines at 7000+rpms then it would help much more but for most n/a guys it's going to be a waste of money.

• Sponsors (?)