408W Build. Am I forgetting Anything?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I like Rick, others on here have had great things to say about his engines and he's helped a lot as far as the combo on mine. Some of the engines he's build have put down some sick numbers from what he's been telling me

:drool:

Attachments

• 100_0331.jpg
    100_0331.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 131
Yep. The numbers depend on what you want. He can build them mild or totally nuts, whichever you prefer. I could get more out of mine but we are making it more streetable for my preferences (mild). There's a lot you can do with a 408 though! I mean, you have plenty of c.i. to work with. Rick has a lot of 1/4 mile track experience too.

What's wrong with your Roush headers? If you decide to get rid of'em, let me know, although I'm guessing you're not in a rush to part with them this year

They are shorty headers, not the best choice to go with when building an engine of this caliber. I dont plan on selling them they are pretty rare. The guy that sold me the car said that those headers were going for about $600.

Another reason I scraped the idea of the Turbo is anytime you pop the hood whether at the track, a parking lot, a car show and anyone sees a Turbo, supercharger or Nitrous lines they just expect it to be fast and to put out gobs of power. When you pop the hood and see nothing but engine and blow the doors off a boosted car at the track while ripping off a mid 11's run at 120 + it leaves them scratching their heads.

Its always nice to be able to say "its just a 302 w/ Heads and an Intake" who would know the difference until they were handing you over $20 after you schooled them. Point being there is no big surprise when it comes to boost, every expects it to be 500 HP and run 10's and while many do there are many that dont. But Ive always liked to go by the philosophy of do more with less, not that a stroked 351/408 is less its just the principle of NA VS Forced Induction

they probably do but I dont really have anything to compare it to. My current combo pulled 333/338 w/ the shorty headers and cats. But Im going for a retune w/ a new mass air meter next weekend my DBX went bad on me and the new PMAS meter will be here on monday.

yeah its easy to spend $900 on a used block and machining, so thats a good approach. It is a good idea to get your kit balanced to your flywheel and your balancer before putting it in though. Remember all that displacement will need a lot of air so dont be afraid of going even bigger than 205cc heads or a bigger cam. Also I don't know what fuel system you have, but I sure hope it doesn't have include stock anything. I used cheap MAC 1 3/4 longtubes and am happy with them so far on my 427. oh and the quickest way to destroy a windsor is by pushing all your oil into the valve covers with a high volume pump.