408w Lives Again - Video

Well after about 3-4 months of rebuilding the tranny and doing a cam swap she fired up again today. The new cam is a Custom Grind from CamMotion. Its a .690in/.680ex lift, Lobe Center is 112 setup for nitrous. That should go good with the new fogger system that i got installed on the Vic Jr now. The tranny was rebuilt by my tranny guy, my driveshaft was to long which caused massive wearing in the tailshaft area of the tranny. I added a reverse manual JW transbrake and a billet servo and billet piston and a new 3500 stall FTI conveter. Well here is a little video i took today after we broke the new cam.

YouTube - 408w First Start - New Cam

-AJ

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah most likely i will be going to some Long Tubes with 1-7/8" - 2" Primaries with no mufflers for the track. I have 1-5/8 Shorties now and i know that's choking the motor down real bad. Any thoughts?

-AJ

Personally I would run 3" with long tubes and macs. Really like the mac sound but its up to you at that point. Shorties are holding that thing back like you said thats for sure.

I do to, when i'm at the track i love to smell that stuff, so sweet like cotton candy!! I need to start running that stuff just to make my car smell good.

-AJ

It actaully makes my adreneline pump. When I smell that stuff, I'm ready to race.

I want to ask my tuner if I can run a gallon or two just for the smell in my Cobra. It's $6.58 a gallon around here. At least all summer it was....I don't know about now with regular and premium falling.

It actaully makes my adreneline pump. When I smell that stuff, I'm ready to race.

I want to ask my tuner if I can run a gallon or two just for the smell in my Cobra. It's $6.58 a gallon around here. At least all summer it was....I don't know about now with regular and premium falling.

$6.58 is cheap.... what octane is that? Around here it is about 8.50-9.00 for 110 leaded and $7.50 for 101. Regular gas is around $2.29 right now, Im so happy!

-AJ

a885.0 not sure if ok going to redyno it yet. As long as it's fast at the track that's all that matters! How much did you pay for your kooks if you font mind me asking? Also how much do they clear your tranny bellhousing?

- AJ

I think they were around $700-$750 uncoated.. They come pretty close to the stock t-5 bell on the drivers side but other than that they fit real good.

88mouse are you saying you can get some headers or that's where you got yours at?

svt- that's actually only 93 octane....

That where i got mine. Pick them up for 200 bucks. The guy say there where 1 3/4. But when i got there they where 2". There really to big for what im building now. But they will work good on the 408 that im going to build next year.

I will keep a eye out for another set if you would like.?