40mpg I did it!!! 40mpg

• Sponsors (?)

The plant in alabama is a manufacturing and assembly plant. The plant in TN will produce engines when its complete. Oh and the cars themselves are designed, engineered and tested in Michigan and California. Hyundai has invested a lot in north america and employs a lot of U.S. workers. That was my main point. I have no doubt that most of the parent company is still in Korea.

Even if its only assembly that takes place here, I'd hazard a guess that's still more U.S. made than my last american car.

I'm pretty darn patriotic - ex-soldier, still work for the Army, my dad was a factory worker....and I still say that American cars are crap compared to Euro and Japanese cars when it comes to economy and reliability.
I'm all for American pride - but I'd have a much fuzzier feeling if the cars deserved to be bought over imports.
Seriously - for you guys who have always driven American cars - Go find a 10 year old Audi and see how much smoother and more solid it feels than a brand new Ford. The interior will probably still look better as well. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

EEK! Is it a bad time to mention I lease a Prius??? LOL! Its the perfect car for the type of driving in my area. Check the percent of U.S. made parts on a Camry versus a new Mustang. It will be very suprising (unfortunately). * puts on flame retardant suit!