Engine 429, I Found 2 Of Them, But I Don`t Know What They Are Worth.

65fastbackresto

Apr 13, 2007
AR
1 is in an old firetruck and the other is being used a pump for the same fire station.
What should I offer these guys for these? And the motor being used as the pump, will it be ok for a car?

These are good solid running engines and I`d hate to let them get away.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly I just dropped the ball, I looked online and found rebuilt 429`s (not the old ones) from $2500 and up. But they all said for trucks and I bet getting brackets and stuff would be a pain. It was not for me, for a buddy building cars up in IA, he asked me what he was getting into, which is when I posted the question before I looked around.

I`m the proud owner of a brand new cowl leak...omg!! Rained other day and had a full inch of water in drivers side floor, I am broken hearted to say the least.

I`m the proud owner of a brand new cowl leak...omg!! Rained other day and had a full inch of water in drivers side floor, I am broken hearted to say the least.
You may get real lucky and find that either it is a leaking windshield seal or that possibly the drain holes in the ends of the cowl are plugged/clogged with debris. I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Just My $.02,
Gene