42lb/MAF Conversion for j4j1/cbza questions

cobramanphil

Apr 13, 2004
Bay Area
Just wondering as I know a large majority of 94-95 guys (well those running the CBZA/J4J1 anyway for load settings)are/have already gone to a larger injector (42lb being the most common) and a larger MAF (PRO-M being the most common). Is there a faq on this for changing the necessary variables in the tweecer? I know you have to change the injector slopes (high and low), do the MAF function and just upload the PROM42 file for the MAF file transfer (or do the conversion and input the numbers if you going off the actual prom-m sheet that came with the MAF).

The only other possible adjustments in this category may be:

*Injector breakpoint setting?
*Battery versus Injector offset setting?
*Anything else?
*MAF Tranfer/leaning for adjustments

I realize that every car is differernt even with the same parts installed, but it would be great to have a listing (a-b-c for starters) and then (d-e-f) is where you should look at and tune to your car's requirements.

Thanks for any information...

• Sponsors (?)

cobramanphil said:
Just wondering as I know a large majority of 94-95 guys (well those running the CBZA/J4J1 anyway for load settings)are/have already gone to a larger injector (42lb being the most common) and a larger MAF (PRO-M being the most common). Is there a fax on this for changing the necessary variables in the tweecer? I know you have to change the injector slopes (high and low), do the MAF function and just upload the PROM42 file for the MAF file transfer (or do the conversion and input the numbers if you going off the actual prom-m sheet that came with the MAF).

The only other possible adjustments in this category may be:

*Injector breakpoint setting?
*Battery versus Injector offset setting?
*Anything else?
*MAF Tranfer/leaning for adjustments

I realize that every car is differernt even with the same parts installed, but it would be great to have a listing (a-b-c for starters) and then (d-e-f) is where you should look at and tune to your car's requirements.

Thanks for any information...

I don't know about any fax but lots of peeps run 42's. :D

If you go to the Tweecer Site you won't have any probs finding those peeps and you can search for the info you seek using their names. Be sure you don't follow advice from Fox peeps :nono: ...... CBAZA FAMILY ONLY

The offsets would not fall in a possible adjustment needed group,
They do in fact need to be changed.

The breakpoint is kind of a fine tuner if you will.

EEC Analyzer will help you a lot with the dialing in of those large inj's.

You may need to cut your minimum pulse width in half or more.

You may need to work with your OL startup fuel table to cut back some fuel for start up conditions.

I know this is just general info only
but
Maybe it will give you the big picture of things a bit :shrug:

Grady

Thanks Grady. Any information is appreciated. I do love the tweecerRT, but the support website is so crowded and there are many people saying different things about the same items that sometimes conflict with each other. I really feel a faq is needed on that site for simple swaps at these (MAF/Injectors).

Thanks again...

Phil

cobramanphil said:
Thanks Grady. Any information is appreciated. I do love the tweecerRT, but the support website is so crowded and there are many people saying different things about the same items that sometimes conflict with each other. I really feel a faq is needed on that site for simple swaps at these (MAF/Injectors).

Thanks again...

Phil

No prob Phil

Once again ............

You can be confused easily with some of that Fox stuff and you have to be cautious about taking some of it to heart as they say :)

I have thought the Tweecer site has been pretty slow lately.

Are you talking about the Yahoo site or the eectuning.org site?

Grady

I am talking about the eectuning.org site:D Lots of information. It is just difficult to weed out what you are looking for (but it has always been that way as far as I can tell..I have had my tweecerRt for a couple of years already). I really want to put together a faq as I see a lot of people ask for help, but usually just get the usual ->use search button ->check faqs->do your research response:bang: That sort of does a disservice to new tweecer owners that really want to learn fast. That is also what I went through after many, many, hours/days of reading, but I bet I would have understood it a lot better and faster if there was a half decent faq around or someone telling you the first a-b-c steps:D

Phil

cobramanphil said:
I am talking about the eectuning.org site:D Lots of information. It is just difficult to weed out what you are looking for (but it has always been that way as far as I can tell..I have had my tweecerRt for a couple of years already). I really want to put together a faq as I see a lot of people ask for help, but usually just get the usual ->use search button ->check faqs->do your research response:bang: That sort of does a disservice to new tweecer owners that really want to learn fast. That is also what I went through after many, many, hours/days of reading, but I bet I would have understood it a lot better and faster if there was a half decent faq around or someone telling you the first a-b-c steps:D

Phil

OK Phil

I do see your point of view and understand where you are coming from.

Kinda Sorta :)

However there also is a point of view from those who have put in their time and effort to dig out the knowledge needed to become somewhat skilled in using the Tweecer to tune their car.

Simply put ....................

that same info those before you found to increase their knowledge is still available today for anybody that will seek it.

PLEASE ...... PLEASE ...... PLEASE ......

Know that I am in no way trying to put down you or anybody else that is trying to get involved in this self learning, self tuning thing. :nono:

If you would be so kind to allow me to think out loud a bit ....
maybe something I say will make sense to your concerns here. :D

From my perspective ..................

I've gone to the trouble & effort to teach myself all this stuff.

Why would I wanna go to more trouble to write some book, guide, or whatever it might be called, when the info is already out there. :shrug:

Besides that ...... I don't have enough knowledge to write something that would be of help to ALL Stang owners. :nono:

For the most part, I only have knowledge about 94-95 NA Stangs as that is the focus of MY STANG.

Then there is the chance I could cause someone to do damage to their Stang if they followed my advice. :(

I would be a liar if tried to say I never got any help from peeps who had more knowledge than me from time to time.

So ...... Having said that ...............

I do feel I should give back to the community of peeps who helped me. :nice:

however ....................

If the truth be made known .................. Myself and other 94-95 Tweecer users have posted up WAY MORE info on this very forum that pertains to CBAZA use than was available when I got started in self tuning. :eek:

Besides my rambling posts on SN, some stuff is available on a site I made for other 94-95 Self Tuners that I hope can be of help.:shrug:

Again Phil, I got no prob with you or your wish to see a book or guide :D

I just don't see anyone going to the trouble to make one. :shrug:

btw ... I've seen you on the other sites :D

Good to see you on :SNSign:

Grady

I do see your point as well. I guess I am sort the giving type of guy who wants to make everyone have an easier time at tuning with the tweecer than I did. Not that it was hard to understand. It just takes time to get everythng correct and you definitely have to make small changes as anything out of whack will get you a burned motor:D Then again I am an IT guy that works with software so I may have had an easier time then most. When I step back and look at it I don't think everyone wants to learn everything about the tweecer. They just want to learn enough to get the car running..passing smog, and making the car run safe with a half decent tune. I definitely taught myself the tweecer stuff (up to my level on my car anyway), but I also believe that we should not reinvent the wheel by everyone having to go through the same mistakes as someone else did before you. I have spent many hours/weeks to get my tune down correct and I don't mind giving my ideas on what could (not should) be done.

Actually I probably have helped 10+ people that I have personally installed the tweecerRT (some guys just wanted the regular tweecer without the datalogging ability as they knew that I already had one and I could datalog for them:D ) I set them up with a base tune to get them up and running and then suggested that they look in certain areas if they should decide to change their tune with a new combo (always safe, and piggly rich).

Perhaps I should start a faq and submit it for approval. I just need lots of data and I will throw it all together for SN (with a waiver of course in case anyone takes the notes down for gospel and blows a motor:(

Yup..on different websites...I just targeted SN for this question as I know that a smaller audience would probably give me more quality answers/ideas:D

cobramanphil said:
Perhaps I should start a faq and submit it for approval. I just need lots of data and I will throw it all together for SN (with a waiver of course in case anyone takes the notes down for gospel and blows a motor:(

That would be great Phil :banana:

We've had the good fortune to have quite a few self tuner type peeps join the 94-95 forum in the past year or so. :D

Looks like you'll be another contributor which I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by the members of the forum. :nice:

Again ...... Welcome to :SNSign:

Grady