450 rwhp from a 408w - what injectors?

• Sponsors (?)

why would you want to waste gas and be rich throughout when you can get the job done efficiently with 36's? everybody thinks that bigger injectors=fast cars... like my buddy running 30lb injectors on a 306 with h/c/i when all he needs is 24's

parchisi said:
Q: What's the meaning of life?

A: 42

Douglas Adams reference.. nice.

tlee_20 said:
why would you want to waste gas and be rich throughout when you can get the job done efficiently with 36's? everybody thinks that bigger injectors=fast cars... like my buddy running 30lb injectors on a 306 with h/c/i when all he needs is 24's

You do understand that the quantity of fuel supplied is based on the tune and voltage supplied to the injector, NOT the size of the injector. You could have a stock 302 with 42 pound injectors running perfectly at 13/1.

http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4

Keeping in mind that stock Ford FP is 39.5, and that you lose 15 percent in the driveline, that means 450 rwhp is something like 530fwhp. 530 fwhp is a perfect candidate for 42 lb injectors. Play with the calculator above and others you can find via Google and I think you'll see that 42 pound squirters are the way to go.

Adam

edit for the douglas adams reference

No, I'm not, but if/when I ever want to install a power-adder i.e. a dry shot of nitrous or supercharger, I'm going to have to upgrade the injectors and fuel pump again. If I could do I over, I would go with the 42's.