460 swap info needed...

BelueLX

Founding Member
Jul 10, 1999
can someone link me to 460 swap info for my 91 lx? is it a pretty involved swap or does it bolt right in basically? will the standard aftermarket tubular 5.0 k-member work fine with it? thanks,

Cody

• Sponsors (?)

The standard tubular K-member should work because the 460 swap motor mounts are designed to adapt the 460 engine to the stock mustang mount on the K-member. I havent found too much info on the net either except one site but its old and the guys email address doesnt work. Everything is pretty straight forward and if you can find the stuff you need, I have part numbers for you. The main things you need are the swap oil pan, headers, and mounts. These are the 3 things that emcompass the swap. The mounts are around $150-$200, the headers are around $350-$400, and the pan kit is less than $200. If you have these 3 things you can drop the engine in. The rest of the junk is all the annoying odds and ends you'll run into with any project. And of course, you'll need the C6 trans, and to mount it, just slide the crossmember all the way back. For the header install, you will have to test fit it, and bang some of the tubes because it isnt a perfect fit. You dont need the tubular K to do the install but its a good idea for it should clear up some room for you, and drop a lot of weight that you are adding with the 460. Hope this helps, Scot Rod

I havent seen anything from Ford Motorsport but I did buy the oil pan kit from Ford Racing, and Im sure they carry the other junk. KaufmannProducts.com does sell full kits for $880 which includes the trans cross member and other stuff. Since I already have the pan Im not going to go that route. The pan is actually just a Ford 4X4 oil pan, but you still have to source the matching pickup, and then the gasket, dipstick, dipstick tube, and the main cap bolt with the pickup stud on it. Its about the same price and easier to just get a kit.