4cyl conversion car, brake upgrade?

I have a 91 notch that is a 4cyl to V8 conversion car. Everything on the car has been switched out except for the front brakes. I'm just wondering what has to be changed exactly on the front to fit new rotors and calipers. Will the V8 rotors mount to the 4cyl spindles, and will the calipers match up as well? I just put a new motor in the car and the cam doesn't create as much vacuum to the brake booster as the old motor did, so the 4cyl brakes don't seem to be keeping up well now.

Thanks, Craig

• Sponsors (?)

buy a vacuum canister or get one off of an older ford vehicle. they look exactly like a coffie can except they have a vacuum port sticking out. just hook a vacuum line to it and the manifold and you should be good to go.

i did the same swap on my 88 hatchback.you will need everything from the spindles out.that includes spindles,rotors,bearings,calipers,hoses,banjo bolts,caliper bolts,brake hoses and pads.i had to change mine anyway because 17x9 cobra wheels will hit the struts on a stock 4cyl spindle.i changed my struts anyway but i can't remember if they will fit from the 4cyl to v8 spindle mount.