4cyl springs/ how much will it drop??

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
my problum is...i have the stock springs on my car...the back im not worryed about cause i have different LCA's that allow me to raise and lower the rear...but the front sits to high...and was wondering if i put 4cyl springs in up front how much it would drop the front, and do they make ride quality and handleing suck? or should i just buy a set(4) of aftermarket springs?

• Sponsors (?)

they will probably drop the front end ~1.5". handling will suffer slightly, but it's not too bad. do the 351's weigh any more than 302's? if they do, that may drop the front end down more.

are you looking for more weight transfer or just to lower the front end? if you're just looking to lower the front and you want to keep the same stiffness springs in the front, cut your v8 springs.

With a 410 the car will really drop out front. Expect 2" +. That's what the Capri did the the 351 in it. The nose will raise about five inches on accell though and handle like a farm tractor even with the big sway bar on. I ran a 4 pot sway bar and it did ok as long as I launched straight. If the rear got a little sideways it got ugly quick.

Jamie

Ranchero5.0 said:
With a 410 the car will really drop out front. Expect 2" +. That's what the Capri did the the 351 in it. The nose will raise about five inches on accell though and handle like a farm tractor even with the big sway bar on. I ran a 4 pot sway bar and it did ok as long as I launched straight. If the rear got a little sideways it got ugly quick.

Jamie

exactly what he said...

maybe for a more "visual" description...i can barely get one finger between the top of the tire and the fender(stock size tires too)

i say do it...handling isnt bad just dont go full throttle around corners :nice:

how much do 4 cyl springs go for new?? are there any other springs i could use that would lower the front to around where i want it? im looken for about a inch/ inch and a half between tire and fender...he is a car that shows about what im looken for

324812_44_full.jpg

also..im running 15 inch wheels now but want to change to 17 inch wheels,wheels i pic are 17

DemonGT said:
how much do 4 cyl springs go for new??
If you are going to buy new, why not get some decent aftermarket springs like Eibach's or something. Personally I wouldnt run 4cyl springs in anything but a full time drag car. It will handle like ass on the street. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs with 17" cobra R's and it sits like the one in the picture. I would imagine with the heavier motor it would drop even more. The Eibacks are by far the best riding lowering springs I have used.