4cyl Suspention on 5.0

Xterminator03

Sep 23, 2004
NEW YORK
The springs in my car were cut to lower the car. but the ride is horrible. I was looking on some speings I heard that the 4cyl springs have a good look and a great launch (really easy to pick up the front endwhen lauching) My questions are,
-Will the rear springs fit?
-Will they lower the car?
-How is the ride?

And for the front springs
-Who much do they lower the car?

and a general question
-Where can I get them?

• Sponsors (?)

4 banger springs are a cheap alternative to drag springs, because they have a lower coil rate and allow the front end to rise up easier than V8 springs, also they allow the nose to drop a bit lower without having to be cut because the lower coil rate doesnt hold up the V8 like it does the 4 cyl. As for the back springs, i'd recommend against 4 cylinder springs because your car will be really floaty with the fronts as it is, and will only get worse with them all the way around. If you can't get springs free from a junkyard or something, cough up the cash and just buy some Eibach springs. If you're looking for a good weight transfer spring set for drag racing, get their drag racing springs, otherwise go with the Pro Kit. Both kits will lower your car plenty and the ride quality will be just as good as stock if not better. If ride quality is that important to you, look into buying new shocks/struts while you're at it. You can get them to match your springs, i.e. drag style or street style, the drag shocks allow the nose to rise and the rear end to plant down. Keep in mind that when you set up your shocks/springs for the best drag setup, it's not going to be the best driving/cruising setup, so your ride quality won't be the best it could be, but will be worlds better than cut springs or 4 banger springs.

Thanks But I heard that the drag Springs do not lower your car if any thing they tend to make the car sit up higher.
-In that ase is it wise to get the drag springs and cut them to compasate for the lower front end?
My goal is to see that front end go up

I got all 4, four cylinder springs and removed torsion bar up front. The front end will lift up pretty good, feels awsome. With a setup like this, you just need to be careful or know how to drive. Not sure how lower the car is since this is a 2.3 to 5.0 swap and I can't compare it with anything else as this is my frist fox body.

i have 4 cyl springs in the front.Just install them today.With my setup, it drop the front of 1 inch.The front was siting to high because the alu heads and gt-40 intake,delete sway-bar...Now with thoose spring and my adjustable lower control arms... the car sit about 1 inches lower at all 4 wheels.And the front is more loose for helping me at the dragway.