4eye nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Can someone post some pics of 82-86 LX only noses. I'm converting to a 4eyed nose and what ideas of what looks like what. here is the pics i have saved already but not sure of the year of the car,so if you could name these off by year then thatd be cool!also i have a coupe and could i put 82-86 rear 1/4 windows in mine?

i really like these first 2 white ones best

1986-Mustang-5_0-_Coupe-02.jpg

1986coupe0207bo.jpg

are these 2 diffrent years? i like all these styles cause there is no fog lights
100_2926Medium.jpg

is this like a 83?
evil84uc2.jpg

m5lp_0801_01_z50_lx_project_carexte.jpg

peace

john:p

Attachments

• 1986-Mustang-5_0-_Coupe-02.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 1986coupe0207bo.jpg
    1986coupe0207bo.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_2926Medium.jpg
    100_2926Medium.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 248
  • evil84uc2.jpg
    evil84uc2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 149
  • m5lp_0801_01_z50_lx_project_carexte.jpg
    m5lp_0801_01_z50_lx_project_carexte.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,013
  • Sponsors (?)

:nice: go with the 85-86 LX nose. leave the 1/4's that are already in there.

all of them are 85-86's but the one hatchback witht he 10th anny cobra wheels is an 83 or 84.

i know i know! but i want a 4 eye and there really isnt nothing here. i bought a 85GT roller a few years ago but it was way worst then i thought once i got into it :mad: if i could find another roller or non roller then i'd pick it up and take all my mods off the 93 for it. oh yeah and i wont say it's a 85/86 or what ever year nose i get, it will always be a 93 :( peace

They are all 85/86 LX except for the one with the 10th anniversary wheels which is an 84.

84 is an oddball year because the LX did not even have a valence like the 85-86 did, it has the same nose that all 83's had...looks much like the 84 T-Top coupe. HOWEVER, early 84 GT's also had the non-valence bumper that the 83's did.

Here is a breakdown for you...

1979-1982 Standard nose and 1979 Cobra:
441979_Mustang_Ghia.jpg

1979 Pace Car/1980-1981 Cobra/1982 GT:
Mustang%20Pace%20Car%20%2019.JPG

1983 ALL/EARLY 1984 GT/1984 LX:
1983-20gt.jpg

1984 GT:
84harris1.jpg

1985/1986 GT:
003.jpg

1985/1986 LX (only difference is lack of fog light openings):

Attachments

• 441979_Mustang_Ghia.jpg
    441979_Mustang_Ghia.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 199
Really? I always loved the GT fog lights...when i still had the '85 nose i wanted a GT nose.

:stupid:

There's something about a car with a lot of lights on the front end that makes it look sportier. I love rally lights, though I don't know if they'd look good on a Fox, haha. To me, the 85-86 LX front end is boring compared to the GT. If I had a 86 LX, I'd be half tempted to convert. Can't say too much though, my car has been without working fog lights for two years now, haha. :nonono:

Keep in mind, if you do go with a GT front clip, the original Marchal fog lights are hard to find and are EXPENSIVE.

Can someone post some pics of 82-86 LX only noses. I'm converting to a 4eyed nose and what ideas of what looks like what. here is the pics i have saved already but not sure of the year of the car,so if you could name these off by year then thatd be cool!also i have a coupe and could i put 82-86 rear 1/4 windows in mine?

i really like these first 2 white ones best

peace

Viewer discretion advised.

Mr. John.... The idea of converting a aero nose car to a 4 eyed car (or vise versa) is simply ridiculous. Not only will the car never be right, it will always be a car that is half this/half that. I don't think anybody that comes up with this brillant idea of converting noses ever takes the time to think about how much money and time it actually takes to do the job. It seems like this subject comes up every other day. I made a list for yah of the parts you'd need just to change front ends to make them actually look right, and not like some child threw some parts together and called it good. Now, you can do whatever you like with your Mustang.

Conversion Parts
1. Front Bumper Cover
2. Front Bumper Impact support
3. Front Bumper Impact support arms
4. Front headlights/side markers/blinkers
5. Complete body mouldings(doors, fenders, rear 1/4 panels)
6. Rear Bumper Cover
7. Rear 1/4 windows and sail panels
8. Hood
9. Mirrors
10. Doors(i don't think you can put on the older '79-93 mirrors on '87-93 doors)
11. Spoiler(No 3rd brake light)
12. Fenders(If you car is '90-93)
13. Tail lights

Problems
1. Attaching the new headlights. Newer '87-93s only had 6 lights, '79-86 have 8 lights plus 2 more if you desire fog lights!
2. Non-matching interior/title

Now if you sit back and look at those lists and you realize, just how long would it take to do that conversion? I mean could you even find all those parts local? Or would you have to ship them all? That cost money these days. Then take in consideration the amount of money it takes to buy those parts. Let alone have them all painted to match and installed. Can you install all those parts yourself? Do you realize how hard it would be to take off your body side mouldings off the doors and not scratch your paint? Bc there not bolted on like the fenders, theres taped on. And they've been on there for a long time, i'm sure they don't want to move. Then think, is your car freshly painted? Or is it your orignal or old paint. Bc when you put a freshly painted hood on your car, it better be perfectly matched or those fenders you have will look terribly off in color.

You could probably buy and entire 4 eyed Mustang for the amount of money/time you will put into the conversion. Keep in mind that those parts i listed are only EXTERIOR!! You'll still have the wrong interior in the car amoung other things. Also you wouldn't have to deal with non-matching paint and amoung many other things. But hey its up to you!

Lesson learned today? Buy the car you want. Don't try to make it something its not.

Mr. John.... The idea of converting a aero nose car to a 4 eyed car (or vise versa) is simply ridiculous. Not only will the car never be right, it will always be a car that is half this/half that. I don't think anybody that comes up with this brillant idea of converting noses ever takes the time to think about how much money and time it actually takes to do the job. It seems like this subject comes up every other day. I made a list for yah of the parts you'd need just to change front ends to make them actually look right, and not like some child threw some parts together and called it good. Now, you can do whatever you like with your Mustang.

Conversion Parts
1. Front Bumper Cover
6. Rear Bumper Cover
8. Hood
9. Mirrors
10. Doors(i don't think you can put on the older '79-93 mirrors on '87-93 doors)
13. Tail lights

Problems
1. Attaching the new headlights. Newer '87-93s only had 6 lights, '79-86 have 8 lights plus 2 more if you desire fog lights!

Now if you sit back and look at those lists and you realize, just how long would it take to do that conversion? I mean could you even find all those parts local? Or would you have to ship them all? That cost money these days. Then take in consideration the amount of money it takes to buy those parts. Let alone have them all painted to match and installed. Can you install all those parts yourself? Do you realize how hard it would be to take off your body side mouldings off the doors and not scratch your paint? Bc there not bolted on like the fenders, theres taped on. And they've been on there for a long time, i'm sure they don't want to move. Then think, is your car freshly painted? Or is it your orignal or old paint. Bc when you put a freshly painted hood on your car, it better be perfectly matched or those fenders you have will look terribly off in color.

You could probably buy and entire 4 eyed Mustang for the amount of money/time you will put into the conversion. Keep in mind that those parts i listed are only EXTERIOR!! You'll still have the wrong interior in the car amoung other things. Also you wouldn't have to deal with non-matching paint and amoung many other things. But hey its up to you!

Lesson learned today? Buy the car you want. Don't try to make it something its not.

Well put. :nice:

Conversion Parts
1. Front Bumper Cover
6. Rear Bumper Cover
8. Hood
9. Mirrors
13. Tail lights

Problems

Who ever said that EVERYTHING has to be four eye specs, like the quarter windows, taillights, spoiler, mirrors, doors and the interior. I agree on the side moldings and rear bumper. But it seems like you just threw in those other things to prove a stupid point. The guys point is to make his car (aero) with a four eye front end. I think it would be cooler to convert the car with only the small body mods cause you will think its a four eye but then you will really find out that its originally an aero car by leaving the interior and mirrors and stuff like that.

I think your "lesson" is pointless because its his car and hes gonna do what ever he feels he wants to do to it.

Who ever said that EVERYTHING has to be four eye specs, like the quarter windows, taillights, spoiler, mirrors, doors and the interior. I agree on the side moldings and rear bumper. But it seems like you just threw in those other things to prove a stupid point. The guys point is to make his car (aero) with a four eye front end. I think it would be cooler to convert the car with only the small body mods cause you will think its a four eye but then you will really find out that its originally an aero car by leaving the interior and mirrors and stuff like that.

I think your "lesson" is pointless because its his car and hes gonna do what ever he feels he wants to do to it.

I kinda tend to agree with him, Jesse...although in the other direction. When someone puts an aero nose on a 4-eye car and leaves everything else the old style, it looks really stupid. If someone put a 4-eye nose on an aero car and swapped the moldings to match but left the 1/4 windows, etc...I would tend to like that because it creates a new 4-eye car but has a cleaner, updated look. Everyone can call me a hypocrite if they want because I am against swapping a 4-eye to aero but don't mind the opposite so much. Even if someone DOES change the nose one way or the other, I am more likely to not talk smack about the swap if the person took the time to do the whole thing right.

Regardless, it is more of a PITA to do the swap than most people think. And even more of a PITA to accomplish it and not have the car look half-assed and hacked together.

Status
Not open for further replies.