4R70W to 5 speed wiring help!

OK, this is what I need to know since Emiss laws have got real ghey to where they scan your car for codes now. The car is a 1997 Mustang GT BTW.

I did a 4R70W to TR3550 swap back in like 98 or 99. I was told by Barry Shepard at the WFC1 in KY that the trans isn't controlled by the ECU, but is in the harness, so no matter which ECU you have, the OD light will flash and every trans code known to man comes up when you scan it (Check Engine light is on). I have tried the stick ECU and I do have the manual trans harness on the car, and still have the codes, check engine, and OD light flashing.

I need to know which pins/wires in that harness that connects to the trans harness and I guess goes to the ECU to eliminate to get rid of the codes and all.

The way the car is now, with that check engine light on and codes stored, I don't think they will pass me at MARTA.

If you all have a wiring diagram of the stick and auto trans harness from the trans all the way to the ECU for 96-97 GT’s, that would be a great help.

Thanks, all!
John

• Sponsors (?)

RedBullitt said:
hmm i didnt get any codes since i swapped mine. i just swapped the ecu and put in the manual wiring instead of the auto.

Is your car a 96-98? Which wiring harness did you swap? I only swapped the trans harness; the one with reverse lights, speedo, and back two O2's. Did you change the main harness between that trans harness and the ECU, or what?

That is what I'm trying to find out, which other harness to change, or which wires/pins to delete from the stock auto harness.

OK, here is a pic of what I am talking about. I changed the A side of the harness that goes to the trans, and C is on that same harness, but did not change out harness B.

Is B also the one you changed? I changed the ECU and trans harness, so this is the only thing left to change I think. I got to get that pesky OD light off, and the checkengine light because of the trans codes.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 423_Aurto_Stick_Harness.jpg
    423_Aurto_Stick_Harness.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 75