4V with M112 in a 94 TC

tacoman123

Dec 17, 2003
Hello:
I have a 94 Town Car. I asked the question a few days back, if I can use a M112 supercharger, and bolt-that onto my 2V motor. They guys said no. I heard that a Mark VIII motor, has the 4.6L 4V engine. I found a 1995 Mark VIII with the 4V.

I NEED to change the motor in my Town Car, as it is knocking. I believe that I am just getting the motor. This does not include the intake/exhaust manifold, and anything connected to it (throttle body, etc).

Will my stock transmission bolt-up to this new block?
Will I need to change the computer, or any of the wiring harness?
If so, then what and how?
How will I work out the fuel system?
Is this a straight-forward swap? What should I have to look out for?

What other parts would I need?

I was reading this page:
http://www.cobrapoweredgt.com/index2.html
And they discussed how to swap in a Bullitt motor into a Mustang GT. Now from that, I was wondering where (and from which car) I would get the following parts:
Throttle Cable, Cruise Cable, Over flow hose, Stat Housing, Lower Hose (Rad-Housing), Stat Housing, Lower hose (block-Housing), Upper Rad Hose, Bypass hose, Tube MAF to TB, and Thermostat.

Now, about the M112 Supercharger.
If I use the M112 on the Mark VIII engine, will it bolt right up? Do you think I would have to lower the compression (I'm thinking getting thicker head gaskets)? Please note that I am planning to run ~9 psi. How will I work out the fuel system?

Any and all info or links to webpages are welcome. Thank you in advance.

~Tacoman

• Sponsors (?)

Dude...

Your in for a LONG ride.

A BULLIT engine IS a GT engine with a nicer intake and some "aggressive" cams.

Swapping a 4valve, espcially in a Town Car is a CHALLENGE.

The BLOCK is the "same"(one is aluminum one is iron), so yes the tranny will bolt up.

Go find a Town Car/ Mustang 2valve engine from the junkyard for cheap and be done with it.

Also the Town Car is a giant boat as it is.