4WDB upgrade

I have all the disc brake set up from a 2000 Mustang. I want to put them on my 90. As far as I can see the front will be real straight forward. The rear will need axles. I heard I can use Ranger right side axles and the disc set up from the 2000 will bolt on. Is this a fact? An:flag:d what year Ranger sould I look for?

• Sponsors (?)

No. For a direct bolt on you need 94-98 sn95 axles.

If you want to run the ranger axles and keep stock width, you need to purchase the bracket from north race cars, or cut and mount the sn95 brackets on the opposite side of the flange.

Yes. Ford lengthen the housing in 1999 by 1.5 inches and lengthen the axle shafts to compensate. The disk brakes add about 0.75" to each side. Add all that up and you get the three inch difference you found.

In order to use the complete brake from a 99-04 mustang on an 86-98 axle, you need to use 94-98 axle shafts. This still increases your track 1.5"

If you want stay at 58"... It will require additional parts and or modifying

Thanks guys, my knowledge is larger now. I also found this on another thread.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...ug-5-lug-brake-conversion-upgrade-thread.html
Apparently this will not be as straight forward as I had hoped. My best bet might be to get the rear disc set up from a 94/95 and grab the front spindles while I'm at it. I pulled one of the axels from the rear end I have and slid it into the housing from my 90 and the bearing race is hanging out in the breeze. I believe I was misinformed by the person who sold me the set up. Oh well, live and learn.

My best bet might be to get the rear disc set up from a 94/95 and grab the front spindles while I'm at it. I pulled one of the axels from the rear end I have and slid it into the housing from my 90 and the bearing race is hanging out in the breeze. I believe I was misinformed by the person who sold me the set up. Oh well, live and learn.

You can use the rear disk brakes you have now. All 94-04 REAR disk brakes are the same. You just need to use axle shafts from a 94-98 Mustang like i mentioned in the 2nd post

The reason the axle hangs out in the breeze is because ford widened the housing in 99 as mentioned previously. As a result, they made the axles wider...1.5" each side for a total of 3".

Bolt the disk brakes on your housing, and get 94-98 axles. Keep in mine your width will now be wider by 1.5"

Cool beans. I thank you very much for the great info. I have been reading the sticky thread on doing this and learned a lot. I have done a few C-Vic and Explorer rear disc instals on some 8 and 9 inch rear ends. This is my first time for a four to five lug 4WDB on a fox body. I knew I should have grabbed the MKVII rear brakes when I had the chance.