5.0 Bronco swap

hotrodt

Nov 30, 2006
I have an '88 bronco w/ the 5.0 in it, I also own a '93 notch with a 2.3. How feasable is it to swap motor, computer and wiring into this notch? I only have 500 in the truck and 1500 in the car otherwise I wouldn't even consider it. The truck runs excellent. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

bronco 5.0 into a mustang

'88 Bronco w/ a 5.0 into a 2.3 '93 notch computer and all will it work? What type of computer should I look for if the bronco computer won't work?

What's a batchfire

i think he means speed density, which is how the computer measures how much air is going into the motor. mustangs after 88 had a mass air system instead.

the motor itself should work, but the intake probably wont, youll want a mustang intake and probably headers too, dont know what computer to use, but i know a mustang one will not work as the trucks dont use an h.o. 302 which has a different firing order.

that's a big waste of your time. that's a NON ho motor, and won't put out nearly the power of an HO mustang motor. HO mustang motors are a dime a dozen, wait for the right motor. Use the mustang computer too. 93's are specfic to that year as far as the harness goes, so you'll need to find an ecu harness from a v8 93 mustang, and from there, run any mustang mass air computer.

you're getting yourself into a lot more work then you're prepared for with what you have.

1. if you want to do a v8 swap in a mustang, you'll need a v8 donor car, or you're gonna have a severe basket case on your hands.

2. that's a NON ho motor, and for the work you're gonna do, a complete waste of time to put a motor that has 50 horses less into a mustang...may as well slap a turbo from a turbocoupe onto that 2.3, you'd be better off.

3. you're gonna need the harness from a v8 93 only mustang to make this work, the bronco harness won't work

4. the bronco is speed density as mentioned.....the 93 v8 mustang harness is setup for mass air, so nothing from the bronco would work.

5. as mentioned, I believe even the intake is different, as is the throttle body.

6. you're going to need all kinds of other stuff from a v8 mustang such as the proper trans, proper v8 spindles and brakes for the front, proper shocks/struts, the mustang 8.8 rear end, etc etc etc.

not trying to discourage you, but this venture will likely result in you having two useless cars.

for all those that posted replies thanks, I think i'll get rid of the bronco and the 2.3 and just fork out the jack for a 5.0 mustang. And for san man thanks I wasn't getting any responses and after posting twice I got what I needed.