5.0 Clutch Question

wv109323

Sep 11, 2008
Lenore ,WV
I am in the market for a clutch/pressure plate for 92 GT. I notice that some manufacturers list clutches for 1986 to 1991 models, while some list clutches for 1979 to 1995. IIRC the 79-85 had a 10" clutch while 86-95 had a 10.5" clutch.
What is the difference between a 1991 and 1992 5.0 clutch?
I noticed one company sold an extended clutch fork. What are the adv./dis. of an extended clutch fork?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Some friendly advice: In situations like this where there is any real doubt at all, I would suggest taking your car apart first, inspecting what is there and what could be used there (by taking measurements and doing a little research), and THEN ordering specific parts that you KNOW will work.

I cannot count the number of times I have seen guys order parts first, take apart their cars, and end up screwed (wasted time, more down time on the car, bs of trying return the parts and get their money back, wasted money on restocking/return charges etc.).

The fact is that no matter what we may say here, or what some order list may specify, you are going to have to deal with what can work on your car specifically, so why not start with that and work your way from there. That is reality. All of the info and advice of others will not mean squat when you are left holding the bag, and nobody will be accountable to you for your losses.

If my experiences have left me sounding cynical, I apologize...but they have made me much smarter.

Best of luck!

There should be no difference between the 91 and 92 model clutches. I'd email the vendor or manufacturer and ask them for a reason for the distinction.

There are some slight interference issues (bells) with some clutches, but it's not an issue on aero foxes.

It's a 10.5" clutch with a 157tooth 50oz flywheel. No difference between a 91/92 clutch other than like stated maybe manufacturer specs. If you have stock or mild 5.0. go with the the stock HD or king cobra or something along those lines. you don't want to aggressive a clutch on a stock or even mild built T5 IMHO. while your at if you already don't have one, get yourself a maximum motorsports clutch quadrant, fwa & oem cable. They sell it has a kit and it's a nice setup.