5.0 died looking for valuable info on rebuild

max47

Jan 3, 2010
First off I want to thank anyone for any useful input before I even start, so thank you!

Here is the situation; Oil pump locked up in my 90 foxbody did some damage to the crank it appears and I may have had some issues with a few other things. It appears that I had oil burning in 3 or 4 cylinders to begin with.
So what I am doing is having my uncle rebuild the engine for me. He is a good mechanic and knows a good machine shop to turn the crank and bore the cylinders if need be.

Here is what the engine had on it before all this happened; Vortech V1 supercharger, Roush 200 heads, GT40 U + L intake, I believe E303 or B303 cam(unsure on that), 24lb. ford motorsport injectors, Accel 300+ race ignition, King Cobra Ford Motosport clutch and pressure plate, 3 core radiator, no smog equipment, Headman headers, 2 chamber Flowmasters, off-road h-pipe, 3:73 gears.

And Here is what I am trying to accomplish; I am looking for a good build to model this engine off of. I bought this car with everything that it had done to it and really have no idea how it is setup and to be honest I am a horrible mechanic, I know not alot other than how to turn the wrench. But I am looking for a good daily driver setup for a 15 minute drive back and forth to work everyday with a hell of a kick to it. I love good ole american muscle but I have never been a good mechanic. I am looking for guidance through setting up this engine properly and giving facts about these 5.0's rather than opinions. My uncle is a hell of a mechanic but doesn't deal with performance builds, so I am trying to do my part on the research on what needs to be done to the engine on any aspect. Also I am looking at changing out parts for a better configurations such as heads and cam... but I dont know where to go in that direction so guidance would be needed. All and all this will be a budget build and like I said it will be a daily driver not a track car but i would like to sit around the 400hp range or better. I would estimate that around 5000 dollars is what I would be willing to spend.

I have tried to be descriptive as possible while staying on the point but if there is anything that needs cleared up or added please let me know!

• Sponsors (?)

Here are my specs that put down 360 hp and 340 torque to the wheels on a chassis dyno with a SCT tune. I was on a tight budget at the time of the build, I am definitely satisfied for it being a daily driver

Stock rebuilt bottom end with polished crank
Thumper heads with FMS E cam advanced 4*
Typhoon Intake, 65mm TB
Vortech Supercharger, 5PSI boost
UPR boostpipe
FMS stainless shorty headers with x pipe
36 lb injectors, stock dizzy and accel 300+ ignition, 190 Fuel pump

alright, duely noted. What about heads? I was thinking of getting GT-40 or GT-40P heads instead of the roush 200 heads I have now. Also what kind of rebuild kit should I get for this thing?

Here are my specs that put down 360 hp and 340 torque to the wheels on a chassis dyno with a SCT tune. I was on a tight budget at the time of the build, I am definitely satisfied for it being a daily driver

Stock rebuilt bottom end with polished crank
Thumper heads with FMS E cam advanced 4*
Typhoon Intake, 65mm TB
Vortech Supercharger, 5PSI boost
UPR boostpipe
FMS stainless shorty headers with x pipe
36 lb injectors, stock dizzy and accel 300+ ignition, 190 Fuel pump

I dont mean to hijack the thread, but...
Did you get any HP numbers before you added the blower or was the combo put together at the same time? Your set up minus the blower and the cam is alot like mine.