5.0 exhaust q's

sshakrr

Jul 12, 2005
Hi guys. Ive got a question regarding my exhaust on my 88 5.0L lx. Other than the exhaust manifold gaskets, are there any gasket used at either ends of the H pipe? Im taking out my mac stubbie equal lenght headers and im not sure if i need to put gaskets at the collectors on the h pipe or not. The mac didnt need them due to the design and im not sure if the stock headers came with them or not. Thanks in advance for the help. Ron:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Ford always uses the ball joint/rounded joint style which eliminates the need for gaskets. Whether or not its the best idea has been argued, but should the said piece happen to be stock or aftermarket desgigned for the 5.0, you should not have to worry about gaskets.

Any reason your taking them out???

Thanks for the quick reply. Im taking them out after 9 years with them in. Ive had issues every year with 4 of the 8 wires getting toasted even with the heat shield covers on them. It runs fine for about a month with new wires then it starts to go down hill. Im just tired of chasing the problem. They sound great but arent worth the hassel to me anymore. Know anybody who wants them cheap?? They are 9 years old, but maybe 5k miles on them.Im hoping for $60.
Again thanks for the reply. Ron:D