5.0 Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, well my name is Mario im a newbie and in need of alot of help!!!!
i have a 94 mustang gt and im having alot of problems recently. The car started loosing energy and recently is getting worse. I took it to a local mechanic and they told me i had an exhaust restriction. SO i took it to a muffler shop to get my cats replaced spent 700 dolars and still have the same prob. So in the muffler shop they put the machine on and they gave me the codes 172,176,332, 311, 314, and 632. The O2 sensors which are 172 and 176 were replaced 2 months ago. 332 is egr and it was replaced a year ago. 311 and 314 are the injectors but i dont know which ones and i want to know if theres a way to test which ones are bad. and 632 is TCS did not change. so please guys help me fix my stang!!!!!!!!! :D

• Sponsors (?)

311 and 314 are AIR (smog) system codes. The lack of the TAB/TAD function can wipe out your cats fairly quickly.

The O2 codes can be from a vac leak. A stockish motor pulls 18-20" hg at idle. I'd look for vac leaks. You can also check each O2 for frequency and amplitude of switching. Your DMM should show a range of 0.05-0.95 volts every half to one second.

If you have an AODE and don't cycle the OD button at the start of KOER codes, the OD code can pop up.

I agree with Eric. Remember your codes and reset the KAM. Run the car a bit and re-pull KOEO and KOER codes.

Good luck.

700 dollars?!? what the hell did they do? make you a catted pipe from scratch?!

like said above, get your codes cleared first then run a scan again. this will give you a fresh start with the problem

MustangLover708 said:
what is TAB/TAD??
Thermactor Air Bypass and Thermactor Air Diverter. They are the Smog solenoids (to direct air to the back of the heads at start-up or to the cats in normal operation).

If the air is not being diverted to the cats and your cats have an air tube and require fresh air (from the pump), it can shorten the life of the cats to not have that fresh air being introduced.

And I think HGFH is wondering about the cats thing. In stock form we have 4 cats, or 2 cats and 2 precats (semantics). But there are 4 housings. Do you have 6 housings before the mufflers?

HISSIN50 said:
And I think HGFH is wondering about the cats thing. In stock form we have 4 cats, or 2 cats and 2 precats (semantics). But there are 4 housings. Do you have 6 housings before the mufflers?

That's what I was wondering about. When I had my exhaust pulled off to put the new stuff on I was only shown two cats period, and I thought that's all our cars had. Thanks Hissin.

HGFH, it sounds like you have a nice aftermarket catted H-pipe. :nice:
I run one on the '94 as well (only two cats total instead of the OEM 4), and flunk emissions here every year because of it (I don't have the same number of cats as came on the car originally, even though I still have the same number of catalyzation stages :bang: ).
I don't think there's emissions testing in Michigan - you lucky dog (I have a bud in Ypsi and he doesn't go through a sniffer).

TJH, you're seeing the OBD-II port for the V6 cars. That's why Justin carefully worded things as he did. :nice:
Our cars have both systems wired into them, but the OBD-II ports don't do anything on the GT's/GTS's/Cobras.

Good luck.

STOP, DON"T DO ANYTHING ELSE,THEY WILL SEE YOU COMING. Make alot of phone calls and start checking old stang posts,ther is alot of info to take in before you can make good judgements on what to do ..Have patients

Mario, definately search or post up some threads (that's why we're here) before tossing money at parts. With more specifics and a little leg work on your end, we can normally collectively figure things out for folks.

Good luck.