5.0 Help!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys i got good news and bad news. The bad i changed my sparkplugs and the car still continued to be the same. The good news is that the problem has bin found after putting my plugs in the car continued to be the same, just then my dad wanted to check if the throtle body was the problem so we disconnected the air intake system and it turns out the car started working properly. When we connected the intake system back the car was bad again then we disconnected the "MAF" Mass Air Flow sensor and the car has bin working fine. The car is not 100% but i can say were almost there. As soon as i get a new Maf i should be good. Well thanks a whole lot guys i would of never done it with out you guys and keep on doing a good job!!!!!!!!! :nice: :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

That's weird. If it was the MAF .... you'd think at least one of your codes pulled would have been for the MAF. But I guess it's possible. It's good to hear you found the problem, though!

Oh, BTW .... take your MAF apart and look at the little sensor wires in there. You'll need a tamper proof torx bit to do this. If they have any build up (usually dark colors) on them, then that's probably what the problem was. Clean it gently with rubbing alcohol & a Q-tip. Maybe you won't need a new one afterall.

SeventyMach1 said:
Oh, BTW .... take your MAF apart and look at the little sensor wires in there. You'll need a tamper proof torx bit to do this. If they have any build up (usually dark colors) on them, then that's probably what the problem was. Clean it gently with rubbing alcohol & a Q-tip. Maybe you won't need a new one afterall.

+1

Actually suprised it wasn't suggested earlier

Glad to hear you got it. I'm also surprised that there was not a MAF code tossed and I'm disappointed that I didn't mention it when discussing other causes of the O2 codes. Sometimes I do and sometimes I forget.

Justin's post about checking the wires is wise.

Very nice work finding the issue. :nice: