5.0 HO Service Manual

mvagustasenna

May 29, 2007
Does anyone know where I can download a service manual for a 5.0 HO motor?(trying to save a few dollars) Bought a 5.0 HO CHP motor which I am going to put in my 66 mustang coupe. Motor has about 180K miles so I want to check the valve clearances. Or do I need to just go buy a haness manual

Thanks in advacne

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC there is no valve adjustment on the 5.0 HO engine. The rockers are the sled type and their retaining bolts just need to be torqued down properly. I recommend using new bolts when the heads are rebuilt, as I had problems with the bolts breaking in a similar application.

I have sets of 84, 85 and 89 factory shop manuals I am willing to sell for $25 each plus shipping.

Does anyone know where I can download a service manual for a 5.0 HO motor?(trying to save a few dollars) Bought a 5.0 HO CHP motor which I am going to put in my 66 mustang coupe. Motor has about 180K miles so I want to check the valve clearances. Or do I need to just go buy a haness manual

All hydraulic cams are self-adjusting. Your 5.0 has a hydraulic roller cam and thus no adjustment to check. Besides, it has pedestal mount rockers and you can't adjust them without special shims.