5.0 into a 98 GT? How difficult?

Funanin said:
may be "easier" but if u look at it as power for money, the 5.0 is the better way to go. 5.0 parts are way cheaper than 4.6 parts, and the 5.0's are easier to work on as previously stated. Besides, the guy wants to be unique, so dont tell him not to do it, just tell him how he could do it and leave the option up to him.

Ahh...the 5.0 vs. 4.6L "power for the money" clause is getting a bit old...the 4.6L is expanding very quickly and the prices are coming down...

By the time he "modified" his car to accomadate the 5.0 that is mod money he could have spent to offset the "power for the money" clause...

Stick with the 4.6L...it is a very nice motor...and while the engine your going to swap is out...then add the PI heads/cam/intake...actually the cams would be fine...but you could put a nice aftermarket set and get the heads ported...or buy them ported...

All the harnesses and everything needing to be changed would not be worth it and getting a new transmission to ease installation and all that...NOT WORTH IT...plus your more likely to find much higher mileage 5.0's than 4.6L's because of the newness of the dated cars...

Unique or Common Sense? Which one is better?

• Sponsors (?)

5spd GT said:
Um...okay...so they were a tick quicker...does that mean he needs to put a 5.0L in his 98? I think you missed the point of the entire thread...

I think YOU missed the point of my post. Where in this thread did I say to put a 302 in that car?... keep looking... no go for it keep lookin...

done yet?

Thats right I never did. I was correcting you about cars being faster stock for stock. I totally agree with you on putting a 4.6 back in there. It is way too much trouble to put a 302 in there and honestly it is not worth it.

I don't think it would be worth the hassle of the swap unless you are going 4.6 4v or a 351. Get a used 99+ 4.6 2v and throw a set of comp cams on it. Full exhaust with all the other basic mods and it would be a pretty decent car.

Funanin said:
unique. and have fun trying to put a power adder on a 4.6 with hypereutectic pistons. as soon as u hit 400 rwhp start lookin at the back of ur car cuz blue smoke will be comin out.

What do the pistons have to do with the blue smoke...you mean the rings?

The 4.6L likes boost better than the 5.0...

If your going to do a PI headswap/blower on a 96-98 engine get the heads worked on a bit (bowlwork) to lower the compression...machine shop can do it...

Start asking around on the 4.6L boards about blue smoke coming out their exhaust when they got 400rwhp...alls I got to say is good luck...the 4.6L can take it better than 5.0 can...

Look it's Aaron - Umm...no you missed the point of the thread...this isn't a which is faster 5.0 or 4.6 thread...thought I should point that out to you... :shrug: