5.0 majority

I've only been here a couple years, but, in that time, I've seen that, at almost any time of day, or year, the 5.0 guys outnumber everyone else, 2 or 3, or more to one. Corral is about the same. Between the two, thats like 250,000 members. So why is it so hard for any of the magazines- most notably is the one with the huge "5.0" across the top- to actually cater to the largest segment of the hobby? Old car guys have Mustang Monthly and a plethora of 64-73 only stuff(they seem to think they're the real Mustangers), and sn95 and 197 guys get most of the other attention. Do they believe we all have these cars, or that we really wish we had them? I love my LX, since 1987, and, aside from maybe an 03 Sonic blue terminator, and would never replace it with any other pony ever produced. Is it the advertisers trying to sell a multitude of new crap shoving this on us? And when they do show one, its this hugely overdone, can't ever drive in the real world drag car, or has some nuclear turbo system, I've never seen on the street, don't know anyone that owns, won't ever build, and don't care about. Hell, there was a nice show here in Kankakee, back in June, like 200 Mustangs, and only 3 aero nose, Fox cars. Apathy? Am I just not drinking enough, or just ranting out of turn?

• Sponsors (?)

It's all about the advertising dollars. The companies that are building stuff for S197's are the ones paying the bills and giving the magazines free crap to do tech articles with, so what cars are going to get covered? That's right, S197's.

If you haven't done it already, you can register your displeasure with the situation here.

It's all about the advertising dollars. The companies that are building stuff for S197's are the ones paying the bills and giving the magazines free crap to do tech articles with, so what cars are going to get covered? That's right, S197's.

If you haven't done it already, you can register your displeasure with the situation here.

Oh, that felt nice! I've been playing with Mustangs far too long, not my computer- I didn't even know that magazine had a forum to post on- since I only read it every 6 months or so(they don't have much I need to see)but I surely did post up there. Lets see if they care, right?:shrug:

oh boy another one of these threads haha. we've been trying for a few months now and it shot all across the net, i think srtrcr50 first posted the link here. i dont think they really care. we'll see though. best thing to do is cancel your subscription and keep posting on their board.

FOXES BABY I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS ANY OTHER STANGS, NO REALLY WE ALL WELL MOST OF US THINK ABOUT AND 03 COBRA EVERY NOW AND THEN, THEN U WATCH StreakMatt TOAST ONE UP AND THEN WE COME BACK TO FOXLAND!! THE TRUE KINGS!!!

DSC_00971.jpg

lbi011.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_00971.jpg
    DSC_00971.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 49
  • lbi011.jpg
    lbi011.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 50
I do like the new Mutangs, but for the money involved I could build several V8 fox's. I was dissapointed when the 94's came out and the companies that had been strickly 79-93 Mustangs over night were in the band wagon with all the new crap.

oh boy another one of these threads haha. we've been trying for a few months now and it shot all across the net, i think srtrcr50 first posted the link here. i dont think they really care. we'll see though. best thing to do is cancel your subscription and keep posting on their board.

I'm spice_weasel on almost every other board. I posted the original thread at MM&FF forums.

FOXES BABY I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS ANY OTHER STANGS, NO REALLY WE ALL WELL MOST OF US THINK ABOUT AND 03 COBRA EVERY NOW AND THEN, THEN U WATCH StreakMatt TOAST ONE UP AND THEN WE COME BACK TO FOXLAND!! THE TRUE KINGS!!!

03 cobras are pretty nice, but also a little over rated imo... as are the gt500's. nice cars, i wouldnt turn one down for free, but just a little too leg humped for me.

couldnt agree more, those that have 600 dollar car payments obviously never thought to themselves WOW think about the parts i could buy every month with that 600 bucks.

paid 4 grand for my fox years back, couldnt imagine paying 50 grand or so for a gt500. the way i am id be tired of it within a year anyways and would have it ripped apart and preping a stroker for it.

From what I can find, Ford made about 2,500,000 Mustangs from 1979 through 1993. I can't find any numbers for S197 cars, but I'd be willing to bet the the total production since 05 is less than 200,000. Even if there are only a million of the Foxes left on the road, the magazines are still catering to a base that is only 20% of the size of Fox owners. It just doesn't make sense to me.

From what I can find, Ford made about 2,500,000 Mustangs from 1979 through 1993. I can't find any numbers for S197 cars, but I'd be willing to bet the the total production since 05 is less than 200,000. Even if there are only a million of the Foxes left on the road, the magazines are still catering to a base that is only 20% of the size of Fox owners. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Right? They made 208,000 in 89, I would guess they would've sold less than half that last year, the economy being in the crapper and the bloated pricetag. My 88 LX was $11,080, out the door of Dick James Ford, Dec 23, 19 and 87. From the moment they were made, ease of assembly/modification made these cars ideal to us. Anybody old enough to have one back then should remember these magazines used us-needed us-to go from the special issue of the month to pumping out myriad of useless info they dump out now. Gene Deputy, Mike Murillo, pioneers in the 5.0 world, were the frontiersmen, and these publications ran with the ball. All with a car Ford itself wanted to cancel like a stamp. But we bought too many, and they decided the money was more important. So now, huge market for cars/parts nobody in my circle wants, owns or would ever use. If I'm blowing 30 large on the car, you think my first move is voiding the warrantee? I'm no expert, but the time has come for the 5.0 majority to count, this market exists because of us. I'll spend money on my hobby, just like before, they just need to sell something I want.

I wasn't trying to be repititious, I was gone from here for a few months. Its just an issue I thought I'd run past other good Mustang folk! Sorry for the rant, though:eek:

I love my LX, since 1987, and, aside from maybe an 03 Sonic blue terminator, and would never replace it with any other pony ever produced.

fox/aka 5.0 till i die:nice:
03 sonic blue termy:nice::nice::nice::nice:also the only other pony i would consider...

03 cobras are pretty nice, but also a little over rated imo... as are the gt500's. nice cars, i wouldnt turn one down for free, but just a little too leg humped for me.

couldnt agree more, those that have 600 dollar car payments obviously never thought to themselves WOW think about the parts i could buy every month with that 600 bucks.

:banana: I didnt know Sonic Blue Cobras were so desierable! :banana:
And no payments FTMFW!!! :rock:

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

I have pretty much stopped paying attention to new cars altogether, not even just new mustangs. My being a car guy is turning into me being an old car guy.

With the new mustang, the biggest disappointment for me is all these amazingly badass engines they have alreayd made sitting on a shelf collecting dust while they want to sell me more airbags and a dashboard with 400 different colors. Sorry, I want a base looking V6 mustang with big wheels being the only indication that theres a honkin motor under the hood. These days though, S197s are so played out. Everyone putting paint and tape on their S197 to call it a GT350 or 427R or something. It all just makes me roll my eyes.

And it really pisses me off when people call the possibility of Ford putting the 5.0 Cammer engine in the S197 "bringing back the 5.0". No, its not being brought BACK. the engine has never been in a mustang before. Its just another marketing adventure to make money off of an old name. Which is very odd, also, to hark abck to the days of the 5.0 (80s and 90s) in a car that harks back to the 60s, in 2010...

Kankakee? What show was this?

At that Farm across from Olivet University, where the Bears have training camp- I got the info somewhere around here. Very few proper Foxes. Old timers with 65's, punks with sn95 six bangers(Chicagoland mustang club) and lawyers/dentists who Armor-Alled the radiator hoses on $50K, 2,200 mile, 07 show gems(lotta work to clean them up). They need foxes, real cars.