5.0 question

:eek:
Because you're young and drive a v-8 mustang doesnt mean you're gonna die. It depends on the person, I've had my car since I was 15, am now 21 and I've never been in one accident. You have to learn to respect the car though or it'll take you for a ride.

been there done that point is respect the mustang if you dont want to poop in your pants

• Sponsors (?)

yea im sure its true, but the fact that vettes cost a ton of money and im just a teen i dont think i need a vette lol also i love ethe way mustang engines sound both the 5.0 and definetly the 4.6 they just sound better then other v8's to me i dont know why lol.

nt

Mercedez did you say Corvette??!! ... eww how could you? pfftppffptpfffft and i was thinking you were so cool. /sigh :)
I just got back from the shop, put a new front left fender on my 5.0L..and no i didnt wreck it, just more previous owners "shnanigans" i had to fix.
but i love my 5.0

I paid less money for my Vette than I did for my Stang.:shrug:

The Vette is definitely faster and handles MUCH better. BUT my Stang is way more reliable, practical, and comfortable (especially for a DD). I've also had a lot of problems with the Vette mostly electrical and a surging idle problem that wont go away. Also, the plastics used for the interior are cheap and crack VERY easily.

:doh:You paid more for your Mustang because the Corvette is an 85 too old :notnice:
You have lots of problems because you have a C-4 those Corvettes are known to have electrical gremlins. :notnice: The new ones are superior and have a cadillac ride.:flag: The Mustang is just cheaper in every way from insurance, maintenance and parts. These Fox body Mustangs have the worst ride ever.:notnice:

Mercedez did you say Corvette??!! ... eww how could you? pfftppffptpfffft and i was thinking you were so cool. /sigh :)
I just got back from the shop, put a new front left fender on my 5.0L..and no i didnt wreck it, just more previous owners "shnanigans" i had to fix.
but i love my 5.0

But it is the truth anyway better to say "Corvette" than BMW or Porsche or 370Z:eek:
Did you put on an original OEM Ford Fender or a reproduction fender? Better make sure it is CAPA certified part if it is a reproduction aftermarket part.
How easy is it to put a fender on?:shrug:

yea im sure its true, but the fact that vettes cost a ton of money and im just a teen i dont think i need a vette lol also i love ethe way mustang engines sound both the 5.0 and definetly the 4.6 they just sound better then other v8's to me i dont know why lol.

All you have to do to get some cheap loud sound is put on 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers then everyone will notice when you are around.:lol:

I don't think the age of the car necessarily reflects its value. Blue Book wise, an 85 Vette should be about equal (if not more) than a 92 Stang. In the end, I think I paid more for the Stang because Foxes are more popular than early C4s.:nice:

Tell me something I don't know. However, I think most of the electrical problems in the Vette have to do with the hack job wiring from the previous owner. :notnice:

I'm sure the new vettes are superior in handling and ride quality but then again, they wouldn't be in the same price range as an 85 Vette or 92 Stang.

Maintenance and parts: Yes. Insurance: No. Insurance rates are based largely on the value of the car. Seeing as both cars have a similar value they should have similar rates. Throw in the fact 99% of Vette owners are driven by older people (50-60s) makes the insurance cheaper. I'm only 22 but I still pay less insurance on my Vette. :nice:

Why is it so much easier to find a corvette for sale than any of the fox body Mustangs? I see very few 88 Mustang GT hatchbacks for sale. Any particuliar reason?:shrug:

In my area its just as easy to find a Fox Body for sale as it is a C4 Vette (although finding a CLEAN fox is a different story).

In general, the C4 (84-91) is not a very popular car. I have yet to see anyone remotely in the same age range as me driving a C4. The aftermarket support is also very poor for the early C4s so it is not really popular among tuners as well. Pretty much the only people in the market for these cars are older retirees looking for a cheap fun car. :shrug:

As for the fox, I think it is slowly becoming a classic and even though they are still relatively dirt cheap, the value of these cars bottomed out years ago and is SLOWLY increasing. This is pretty much due to the fact that Foxes had a very large impact among the public during the 80s and early 90s. Many people (including myself) remember these cars at an early age.

As for an 88 GT, I don't see anything about it that would make it harder to find than other year GTs unless you're talking about an '88 T-Top. If you're looking for a Fox I would suggest extending your search to the LA area. There are plenty of Foxes for sale here.

Which is the best website to find these California Mustang GT Foxes?:shrug:

fender is

Its a fender off an 88 Mustang and is an original Ford part.You are right about repro fenders, i tried one off a diff parts car that was a made in taiwan fender(it was only one i had at the time:nono:) and it didnt fit properly.It stuck up higher than the nose section where fender/nose and hood meet.It took me maybe 1-2 hours to remove old fender and put new one on then line it up properly, it fit perfect all body lines match up.You can reach in behind headlights thru engine compartment/front area and remove the 4 or 5, 11mm nuts with a small ratchet/socket. 3, 8mm across the top in engine comp, 1 in door jam area behind driver door and 1, 8mm at the bottom between wheel well and drivers door.The 3 screws holding the inner fender can be accessed with the wheel removed.Just carefully wriggle it off the front studs and lift it out and backwards to rear of car more or less.
As long as its American its all good:nice: itd be a lonely drive with no Camaro's,Challengers ,Corvettes etc for competition.:D
Ive had pretty much my entire car apart now, completely gutted the interior to mop up the antifreeze( previous owner shinanigans again), entire dash was out to replace heater core,i pulled engine and tranny one friday night just to wash the engine down of all the grime ( and repaint) and to fit new engine mounts for BBK headers and complete exhust.Its all back together no rattles squeaks, runs excelent-much to my own astonishment:D