5.0 replacement

I recently got a knocking coming from my engine. I'm 90% sure its a rod, due to the fact that I lose all gauge oil pressure at idle. I've decided to replace it with a remanufactured short block due to the short time i have allotted to work on it. The company offers 2 cams that should work well with my head conversion (GT40 heads) the FMS B303 and E303. I'd like to get a good power range with my 5 speed transmission and 3.55 gears, but I'd also like to keep some good streetability. recomendations?

• Sponsors (?)

Ya it is a nice cam and was streetable in a mild build, also has a nice idle noise. Im not sure what your plan is for your stang, but just getting a low mile short block then buy some used aluminum heads and do a H/C/I would be a nice upgrade and still in the budget compaired to having someone build you a short block. can usually find a good 302 for around $300 maybe cheaper if you look in the right places. But to each his own. :nice:

Well the motor got pulled today, so there's the first step. I ended up going with the E cam. The guy I talked to said he gets pretty good power out of his with a bit of a timing advance. I'm going to go ahead and put my GT40 heads on the new block as I'm more a fan of iron heads on something im going to be driving so often. Thangs for the advice, it's much appreciated. I will post more when I am closer to getting the motor put back in.