5.0 Running Rich

49 shoebox

Oct 26, 2014
I'm new to this forum,so bare with me...this is what I got, 1949 ford two door buisness coupe with a 1987 5.0 HO mass air conversion, headers,custom Windsor fox harness, MSD coil , cap and wires, smog delete, no Ac or power steering. It is running very rich! Like burning your eyes rich. There is no port to plug in a scanner, I'm going to Change the coolant temp sensor,just thought I would see what u guys think, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'm new to this forum,so bare with me...this is what I got, 1949 ford two door buisness coupe with a 1987 5.0 HO mass air conversion, headers,custom Windsor fox harness, MSD coil , cap and wires, smog delete, no Ac or power steering. It is running very rich! Like burning your eyes rich. There is no port to plug in a scanner, I'm going to Change the coolant temp sensor,just thought I would see what u guys think, thanks

No port to plug in a reader? I have a feeling that, that is incorrect. If you swapped in a harness from a 5oh, then it should be there somewhere although not in the right spot.

The connector you're looking for, looks like this:

Underhoodpictures007-01.jpg

It could be located anywhere on a swap.

You should also not that an OBD1 reader is required for this connector.

There are other methods for pulling these codes but you'll need to find that connector first.

Attachments

• Underhoodpictures007-01.jpg
    Underhoodpictures007-01.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 76
Thanks, I found the connector. Do I need to buy an obd1 reader?or is there another way to pull codes? ( of course I do not have the stock dash or check engine light) and I did change the water temp sensor.