5.0L's Watch Out :)

Pro-Hawk

Dec 4, 2003
West Texas
Ok I usualy don't get wraped up in kill stories unless its really weird are way to cool, which this was pretty cool to me:)

I was on my way home with a friend after picking of a few movies. This older 5.0L ( 83-86 ish) pulls up beside us and just revs the hell out of his duel flows repeatedly. I rolled the window down and said crap dude this is just a 2.3L four banger. I said listen and reved the crap out of my car and its was pretty funny, hell he even laughed. Then he reved me again, I said dude I don't car about your mufflers. His car sounded like straight pipes but with flow masters on it.Well the light turned green and I could never have guessed what happened next :rlaugh: I took off and left him about two car lengths behind me. This is no lie and we couldn't stop laughing. Crap my mainifold has a huge mainifold crack and sometime I never see 10psi of boost :( Which I just got my gasket to change it today :nice: The guy pulled up to me at the next light screaming out, "God I Love Turbos !!" :rlaugh: We had a few laughs and drove off. On our way home I was so freaking proud of what my car did in its weakened condition and was VERY peaseful about doing it :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Crap just come out and say my car is slow uh. geez no one believes in the 2.3T :rolleyes: I never try to race most American cars exspecaily a V8, this guy wanted to race me. I only did it because he had sence of humor about the whole deal :D

Its all about the whole shot on this guy, which some how I got it on him. I admit I'm sure he is faster but not that much faster. He probly runs a flat 15.00 where I run a 15.5 which with a whole shot I could fight him off long enough to the next light and all the way through second gear, which was right at a 1/8 mile. Now if we had a longer run way it probly would have been a difference out come, but like I said we had fun and he loved my car :D Whether I win, loose, or drawl most people pull up wanting to check out the 2.3T :flag:

Pro-Hawk said:
.... .... .... ... ... ... .. ... .. .... uh. .... .. ... ........ .. ...
2.3T :rolleyes: . .... ... .. .... .... ........ .... exspecaily . V8, .... ... ......
.. .... .. . .... ... .. ........ ... sence .. ..... ..... ... ..... .... :D ... ... ..... ...
whole .... .. .... ..., ..... .... ... . ... .. .. ... . ..... .. .... .. .. ...... ... ... .... ....
...... .. probly .... . .... 15.00 ..... . ... . 15.5 ..... .... . hole .... . ..... .....
... ... .... ...... .. ... .... ..... ... ... ... ... ....... ...... ...., ..... ... ..... .. .
1/8 .... ... .. .. ... . ...... ... ... .. probly ..... .... .... . .......... out come,
... .... . .... .. ... ... ... .. ..... .. ... :D ....... . ..., loose, or rawl .... ......
.... .. ....... .. ..... ... ... 2.3T :flag:
:shrug:

Why is there resistance to a 2.3T beating a 5.0L on a 2.3T forum? You guys act like it can't be done and if it can only by 1-2 people in the world :shrug: This is a very believeable race because of sevral reasons :

1) Crap both cars came about the SAME hp stock. (now I'm not saying either one of our cars is stock, but we both start off with pretty close cars etc my car has better suppenssion. Heck its been dyno on SVOCA that the way my K&N is done I get 7-9 hp alone.)

2) The guy had 4 people in the car not including him. (You know what happens when you start taking the spare tire out? It helps you out right? well think what your car does with 5 people in it?)

3) For all anyone knows I could have just had more skill than this guy has ( I really don't think this because I have yet to master the T-5 its my forst stick)

Corvax what car do you drive? ( right now not last year or 2005. Nor working on finnishing up either)

Pro-Hawk said:
Corvax what car do you drive? ( right now not last year or 2005. Nor working on finnishing up either)
Crovax drives a turbo stang that has no boost leaks and hits 15 psi.
You also never mentioned that the car was full (and that it was an
automatic and had a full tank of gas :rolleyes:)

Last time I was at the track n/a, I was ahead of most v8s the first 200 ft
due to my gearing and taking them off the line. I find it very believable that
you took him off the line but I doubt he raced you.

Mustang5L5 said:
I never see any 2.3L Turbo cars (SVO or other) on the streets near me. I wanna try one!

bring it on!! :D i got a 2.3 turbo swaped car, and i go to the NEBOC A&W meets, i have been to 3 last year but i only went to one with the turbo motor in my car i think it was like the 2nd 2 last one last year and no one was there, also got my 5spd tranny in now :nice:

Crovax said:
Crovax drives a turbo stang that has no boost leaks and hits 15 psi.
You also never mentioned that the car was full (and that it was an
automatic and had a full tank of gas :rolleyes:)

Last time I was at the track n/a, I was ahead of most v8s the first 200 ft
due to my gearing and taking them off the line. I find it very believable that
you took him off the line but I doubt he raced you.

How much boost am I running?

P.S. I'm swaping mainifolds this weekend and will have a full 3" exxhaust by the end of the week. I'm only doing that because I need a inspection sticker :D

Crovax said:
Well I never meant to atack you if you think so.
But I'll kick your ass in a race. :)

:lol:

Crap Corvax the better answer would have been "not enough boost." :rlaugh:, you know and I know there is never enough power :D

I'm just a Jack Ass by nature but I would never lie about cars:) Now for the getting my butt kicked on a race track... Dude your just jealous that your car is not as slow as my car :p

'83 to 86ish 5.0?

Here is where some problems lie.

a 1985 5.0 had around 210 HP, anything earlier than that had around 180 HP, as the roller lifters, E7TE heads and Holley 600 CFM carb were offered that year, but only on Manual tranny equipped 5.0's.

If it was older than an '85, you beat a 180 HP car.

If it was an '86 it had 215 BHP.

So you see, not all 5.0's are created equal to your SVO's.

mr_woodster said:
you both better calm it down, or ill teach you a lesson in my metro :owned:
fruit.gif

dancingnaughty.gif

tye.gif

nuts.gif

slap.gif

hyper.gif

ughug.gif

85 Coupe 5.0 said:
'83 to 86ish 5.0?

Here is where some problems lie.

a 1985 5.0 had around 210 HP, anything earlier than that had around 180 HP, as the roller lifters, E7TE heads and Holley 600 CFM carb were offered that year, but only on Manual tranny equipped 5.0's.

If it was older than an '85, you beat a 180 HP car.

If it was an '86 it had 215 BHP.

So you see, not all 5.0's are created equal to your SVO's.

You people are right the 2.3T are Sloooooww

No matter what you say, I took that guy right at a 1/8 of a mile you can believe it or not I really don't give a f*** about it.

As for the 180 5.0L who cares so if I don't beat a 200+ hp 5.0L It don't count so did I miss something if its not some monster stang you beat then don't post crap about it cause your slow? My car came stock at 175hp at 15 psi but its set at 18psi with other mods. Granted I HAD a cracked mainifold at the time and sometimes don't get above 10psi but that night I saw every psi I had for a 1/8 mile. As for 205 5.0L show me the charts on that and I will show you the charts where the 85.5-86' SVOs run 205hp stock. This guy had 4-5 people in his car and for all I knew it was a 84' 5.0L mustang, next time I see this guy I think I'll drag his a$$ here and do a video clip with him and post it for ya showing his car but you would probly say I payed him off then :rlaugh:

maybe it was a carb'd 2.3 with flowmasters!! No worries pro, if it was a race, only you could say...you were there. Think these guys are just trying to figure out what exactly you raced. Unlike ricers, we tend to care if we beat a 3 cylinder metro, or a fully restored 1970 mach1 with a 351c and a shaker hood scoop! 5.0's are quick no doubt, but the svo is the better all around car for the years it was completing against the 5.0. but when i finish my project svowannbe lx , then comes the TT 5.0 ! ehheheheeheh

mr_woodster said:
maybe it was a carb'd 2.3 with flowmasters!! No worries pro, if it was a race, only you could say...you were there. Think these guys are just trying to figure out what exactly you raced. Unlike ricers, we tend to care if we beat a 3 cylinder metro, or a fully restored 1970 mach1 with a 351c and a shaker hood scoop! 5.0's are quick no doubt, but the svo is the better all around car for the years it was completing against the 5.0. but when i finish my project svowannbe lx , then comes the TT 5.0 ! ehheheheeheh

Thanks. I wouldn't set here and lie about cars that is as gay as fish stories :rlaugh: I also only lie on days that end in "Y" ;) Now if I had taken him in a whole 1/4 mile etc I would be like." I :owned: him, but I really think if we had a hair more runway he would have cought up but I wouldn't tell him that ;)

Whether I won or lost don't matter really because the VERY most important thing to me was the fact that I actually took off when the light turned green :D Read my first race I posted when I first got this SVO, I freaken stalled the thing on a race with a ricer :rlaugh: I have come a long ways from then and I'm pretty proud of it since I've only drove a stick for 3 months in the 11+ years I have been driving a car/truck. Now its really fun to drive around and beat a few cars like a 5.0L ( yes even a 180hp one) while eating some rice but that is not why I bought the car. They opened up a 118 mile long road race starting and ending in my town which is to much fun not to do it :D I was going to buy some pretty high up car to do it but I decided spending 60k on a car to drive around in and race twice a year was nuts. So I decided to build up my LX and right when I was going to start I found this SVO which was already set up for what I needed :nice: