5.0resto 5.0 shortblock

autumn_again

Oct 2, 2007
Hamilton, NJ
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-6009E 1&comp=LRS

is this any good?

I need to start building a motor up, because my car is going to be getting parked until i have a rebuilt motor in it.

would it be able to handle a set of maybe trick flow track heat heads, and a supercharger?

i dont' have a set of heads yet, i have the supercharger.

edit, read that its not recommended for supercharged applications.

anyone know of any shortblocks around that price that are guaranteed? i almost bought one down at englishtown for this year for a really cheap price, was dumb not to pick it up, but i was scared it'd turn out to be cracked.

• Sponsors (?)

The block seems pretty sweet but the only thing I dont like that they did is that they put cast aluminum pistons in it. Even the Hypereutic pistons in the 93+blocks are better then cast aluminum pistons in my opinion.

I would personally get a j/y block that came out of a running vehicle. and just put some fresh bearings and rings in it, re hone the cylinders and put that in, would probably run you less then that.

For that money, you should be able to pickup a low mileage Explorer engine. Plus, you'd get a better set of heads than the E7's. You could sell some of the parts off it to recoup some of your money.

I would trust an untouched, low mileage factory longblock over some guys "rebuild" any day.